Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ha !

When I hit the more built-up parts of my town: I really ‘enjoy’ the different smells too. As a foodie going out at tea-time is hellish 🤣

My run today was from my home on the coast, up the hills into the centre of Scotland’s capital, then circling round back to home.

Always amazes me how quiet the city is on a Sunday morning!

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
My run today was from my home on the coast, up the hills into the centre of Scotland’s capital, then circling round back to home.

Always amazes me how quiet the city is on a Sunday morning!

^^^Weird, strange or actually ‘enjoyable’ for you ??

Weekends I’m out the door at 6.00am on the dot. Means in Winter: that time coincides with the Street lights coming on. Summer (Before work and during the week) often a fair bit earlier……

I like the solice and having the Town to myself at weekends; especially. Infact I’m a bit peeved if I see anyone else and feel they’ve spoiled my little slice of peace 🤣

Tenkaykev

Guru
^^^Weird, strange or actually ‘enjoyable’ for you ??

Weekends I’m out the door at 6.00am on the dot. Means in Winter: that time coincides with the Street lights coming on. Summer (Before work and during the week) often a fair bit earlier……

I like the solice and having the Town to myself at weekends; especially. Infact I’m a bit peeved if I see anyone else and feel they’ve spoiled my little slice of peace 🤣

If I'm training for a race I will start my long training runs at the same time as the planned events start time. This was quite challenging when I was training for a race in South Africa and heading out the door about 5:30 am in February 🥶

If I'm training for a race I will start my long training runs at the same time as the planned events start time. This was quite challenging when I was training for a race in South Africa and heading out the door about 5:30 am in February 🥶

Interesting. My next marathon starts at 8:30pm and I’m still working out how best to plan and prepare for that.

Jameshow

Veteran
Interesting. My next marathon starts at 8:30pm and I’m still working out how best to plan and prepare for that.

Depends who you are... I'm an evening person so that would suit me.

Getting up early for long runs dosent suit me I usually start with a park run and go off after that, or pick one further afield and run to it and back.

I'd just make sure I rested that day.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Depends who you are... I'm an evening person so that would suit me.

Getting up early for long runs dosent suit me I usually start with a park run and go off after that, or pick one further afield and run to it and back.

I'd just make sure I rested that day.

I often timed my long runs to finish at the start of parkrun. It's surprising to discover how much is really left in the tank and a great way of learning to run fast ( ish ) on tired legs.

Chislenko

Veteran
Maybe turned into definitely, mind you only two miles.

Even just having a week break from running I find (for me) it is like starting again.

A week off the bike and makes no difference but running appears to be a different matter!

Will go back out tomorrow and see if I can do any better 😟

Tenkaykev

Guru
Maybe turned into definitely, mind you only two miles.

Even just having a week break from running I find (for me) it is like starting again.

A week off the bike and makes no difference but running appears to be a different matter!

Will go back out tomorrow and see if I can do any better 😟

Speaking from experience, when starting running after even a brief layoff it's best to start as if you were a novice. If you go out and try to match the level of endurance/ fitness that you had before layoff then you're far more prone to injury, and another layoff. You will quickly regain your fitness by starting slowly.
I know this from bitter experience, but do I learn? Not often enough 🤔

Top Bottom