Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Nice ! This Morning ? Another early bird…..

Yep, I love my early mornings, especially a Sunday when it's so peaceful. My energy seems to dip as the day goes on.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
And quicker to pile on the pounds.
The scales were taking the mic this morning 74.7kg!!

Tell me about it…..get on it for two weeks eating like a caterpillar and training like a whippet - just to hold your own. Then lose the plot for a couple of days and morph into a Sumo wrestler….

Good luck 🤞

Tenkaykev

Guru
Went out for a run this morning following " Coach Greg " on the Garmin 10K coaching app. I was supposed to run 15 minute warm up👍 followed by 15 minutes at pace, with an optional 10 minutes " If you are feeling strong " then 15 minute warm down. To be honest, I must be a " natural athlete " because I find the warm up and warm down stages quite easy 😉 .It was the bit in the middle that was tough and I only managed the 15 minutes at pace.
It was great to be out there, the disused Somerset and Dorset railway line took me across Upton Heath, glorious sunshine with views to the Purbecks, plus lots of optional tracks and trails leading off into the heathland.
We're off to Keswick tomorrow for a week of intense hill training to celebrate Mrs Tenkaykev's 70th. I dare say I will be a few pounds heavier on return, then it's six weeks of getting my act together before our 10k race.

Mburton1993

Über Member
God that took a while, and Walkden is alot more hilly than any map would suggest. 😅

Walkden.png

Legs are surprisingly not too bad after, feet hurt though, can anyone recommend some good running socks?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
God that took a while, and Walkden is alot more hilly than any map would suggest. 😅

View attachment 682201

Legs are surprisingly not too bad after, feet hurt though, can anyone recommend some good running socks?

Wow. Well done! I quite like Balega socks. Quite expensive but reasonably cushioned and seem to last well. If you want mega cushioning and have room in your shoes some of the Thorlo socks are good too.

Tenkaykev

Guru

View attachment 682201

That looks a bit vicious, especially with the long climb towards the finish. I find that 1000 mile socks suit my feet, but can't get on with the double layer socks which give me friction blisters.

( If you want a tale of hurting feet, a friend and I once went to do a 50k road race at Boddington near Cheltenham. On arrival I realised I'd left my running shoes behind in Poole, it was late on a Saturday afternoon. We found a runners shop and managed to pick up a pair of the Saucony shoes in the model that I usually wore. Sunday morning saw me toeing the line in a pair of brand new shoes, which drew a few quizzical glances from some of the other runners. 14 laps later I staggered painfully across the line, the balls of my feet feeling as if they were on fire. Oh what bliss it was to take them off and pour water over my feet! )

Mburton1993

Über Member
Wow. Well done! I quite like Balega socks. Quite expensive but reasonably cushioned and seem to last well. If you want mega cushioning and have room in your shoes some of the Thorlo socks are good too.

Thanks, Thorlos look alright, my current ones (Karrimors) have just heel and toe cushioning and might be winter socks, they were very hot.

Top Bottom