Any Runners On Here??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
That looks a bit vicious, especially with the long climb towards the finish. I find that 1000 mile socks suit my feet, but can't get on with the double layer socks which give me friction blisters.

( If you want a tale of hurting feet, a friend and I once went to do a 50k road race at Boddington near Cheltenham. On arrival I realised I'd left my running shoes behind in Poole, it was late on a Saturday afternoon. We found a runners shop and managed to pick up a pair of the Saucony shoes in the model that I usually wore. Sunday morning saw me toeing the line in a pair of brand new shoes, which drew a few quizzical glances from some of the other runners. 14 laps later I staggered painfully across the line, the balls of my feet feeling as if they were on fire. Oh what bliss it was to take them off and pour water over my feet! )

Did that at a marathon I left my shoes behind but had a pair of cheap more miles shoes for my bil. I ran in them. #sore feet....

Jameshow

Veteran
God that took a while, and Walkden is alot more hilly than any map would suggest. 😅

View attachment 682201

Legs are surprisingly not too bad after, feet hurt though, can anyone recommend some good running socks?

More miles are ok in my experience.

Mburton1993

Über Member
That looks a bit vicious, especially with the long climb towards the finish. I find that 1000 mile socks suit my feet, but can't get on with the double layer socks which give me friction blisters.

( If you want a tale of hurting feet, a friend and I once went to do a 50k road race at Boddington near Cheltenham. On arrival I realised I'd left my running shoes behind in Poole, it was late on a Saturday afternoon. We found a runners shop and managed to pick up a pair of the Saucony shoes in the model that I usually wore. Sunday morning saw me toeing the line in a pair of brand new shoes, which drew a few quizzical glances from some of the other runners. 14 laps later I staggered painfully across the line, the balls of my feet feeling as if they were on fire. Oh what bliss it was to take them off and pour water over my feet! )

Yeah the climbs are quite annoying but going north, east and southwards are hillier still.

Ooof yeah unworked-in running shoes on a 50k sounds rough, impressive though and in race conditions. I strapped a couple of ice packs to my soles when I got back. 😌

Hicky

Guru
A new job on the horizon(if I’m successful) means I’ll HAVE to have good running legs rather than doing the minimum.
I hate running(I‘’m a little less than crap when I’m what I consider fit)…I’m not looking forward to starting proper miles!

Jameshow

Veteran
A new job on the horizon(if I’m successful) means I’ll HAVE to have good running legs rather than doing the minimum.
I hate running(I‘’m a little less than crap when I’m what I consider fit)…I’m not looking forward to starting proper miles!

What job is that?!!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Just walking this morning and it was chucking it down. Loving my new Montane Spine jacket. Two hundred smackers but it's worth it. I have gone off the OMM stuff. I found the Kamleika jacket only much good in light showers. Anything heavier and it seemed to start letting moisture work its way up the cuffs and clung to my arms, not nice.

Chislenko

Veteran
Just shy of four miles run this morning, the pace, or lack of it, I will keep to myself 😟

Tenkaykev

Guru
Just walking this morning and it was chucking it down. Loving my new Montane Spine jacket. Two hundred smackers but it's worth it. I have gone off the OMM stuff. I found the Kamleika jacket only much good in light showers. Anything heavier and it seemed to start letting moisture work its way up the cuffs and clung to my arms, not nice.

Mo, I didn't want to hear that! I love my Kamleika jacket but agree about the soggy cuffs. The problem is we've just arrived in Keswick and there's loads of outdoor shops which Mrs Tenkaykev wants to visit. I can see it's going to be an expensive week!

Chislenko

Veteran
Mo, I didn't want to hear that! I love my Kamleika jacket but agree about the soggy cuffs. The problem is we've just arrived in Keswick and there's loads of outdoor shops which Mrs Tenkaykev wants to visit. I can see it's going to be an expensive week!

Every other shop in most of the Lakes is an outdoor shop🙂

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Had a walk down stairs to the kitchen... Leg is in complete agony!!

Think I overdid it yesterday going to have to rest.

First time out since your fall ? Or just overdid life you mean ?

As I Jokingly said - takes longer and longer to ‘heal’. But they do also say ‘Nothing truer is said in jest’ 😎

Good luck bud 👍

Top Bottom