Any survivors on here, cardiac arrest, heart attack, cancer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Surgery pencilled in for the 10th April.
Whether I'm "here" to post after that date is another matter.

Other than that it continues as before.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Colin,

So glad you are feeling positive about the future.

I'm just about to restart my cycling career after promising the wife I'd have a year off the bike
Er it was supposed to be this week but the weather is wet and windy - ah well, next week will soon be here
Paul
Thanks.

I assume that the reason for the cycling ban was that you had been spending all your time cycling rather than with her? If so, then try to persuade her to start cycling too! :smile:

Paul Bromley

Hi Colin

It's been a long 15months off the bike . Went to Suffolk last week. usually have a week over there this time of year. Took the bike and only managed 1 ride. It was so cold

I've lost that thing. what do you call it? where you don't feel the cold !

ColinJ

Hi Colin

It's been a long 15months off the bike . Went to Suffolk last week. usually have a week over there this time of year. Took the bike and only managed 1 ride. It was so cold

I've lost that thing. what do you call it? where you don't feel the cold !
Youth? :laugh:

I'm so old now that when I see attractive young women wearing miniskirts in the winter, I only think about how cold the weather is! ^_^

Effyb4

Veteran
I'm still out riding. I'm trying to build up the amount of climbing I do, as I have a 3 day tour planned in May and the distance worries me less than the elevation. Essex is very flat, so I don't normally need to worry about it. Good to see others out and riding.

D

Deleted member 1258

Youth? :laugh:

I'm so old now that when I see attractive young women wearing miniskirts in the winter, I only think about how cold the weather is! ^_^

Colin you're still a youngster! Both my fitness and my mood are down at the moment, but thats common at this time of year, I should perk up as the weather improves, our coming Easter weekend in LLundudno should help that, physically I'm fine, no problems.

ColinJ

Colin you're still a youngster! Both my fitness and my mood are down at the moment, but thats common at this time of year, I should perk up as the weather improves, our coming Easter weekend in LLundudno should help that, physically I'm fine, no problems.
Less than 10 months until my age begins with a '6'! :eek:

Ok, in terms of emotional maturity, there are not any other digits ... :laugh:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Yesterday passed 1000 miles so far this year, so the stents still seem to be working OK. However learnt recently that one of my hips is bu88ered and may well need replacement - wear and tear I suppose ....... :bicycle:

ColinJ

Yesterday passed 1000 miles so far this year, so the stents still seem to be working OK. However learnt recently that one of my hips is bu88ered and may well need replacement - wear and tear I suppose ....... :bicycle:
Hoorah for the stents, yah-boo to the hip!

One of my hips is slowly wearing out too, but I hope to get quite a few more years use out of it before it becomes a real problem.

Paul Bromley

Youth ! You got that right. I've also got the big 60 in November

glad the stents are still working. I've yet to take mine out for real test ride without the steadying hand of the present Mrs B

Most of you probably know I'm not doing to well, so it is good to see that most are doing better.

I had been on course for a 10,000km year then, back at the beginning November, out of the blue and with no warning, my back went. The L5-S1 disc ruptured badly and left me with little use of and feeling in my right leg. Emergency surgery followed to save some use of the leg but full recovery was never on the books. Full recovery hasn't happened either.

So to add to a dodgy left leg which was already unreliable and slightly paralysed, I now have an even more unreliable right leg which can't hold my body weight, doesn't work properly and has left me on crutches unable to walk very far or very quickly.I can't stand without crutches and not for long, I can't sit and am pretty useless really. I'm suffering from depression, on morphine 24/7 and looking at the prospect of having to get a wheelchair if I can ever sit up again! Sadly there is obvious paralysis in my right leg even still after 5 months.

On the bright side i have a new bike. I can manage 9 miles a day on my recumbent trike (10 miles is still too much :cry:, but if I pick up the courage to try using roads or the strength in my legs I may manage it soon). I have almost made it to 140 miles for the year!

Top Bottom