Any 'Trainer Road' users within?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm in the garage on my CX bike with cyclops turbo. I always put on a dvd and minimise the trainerroad screen to horizontal. Helps me take my mind off the pain and suffering, lol.

Have just started the 40k time trial and it's going to be interesting. I've set up the bike with profile forward seatpost and dropped the bars and stem to get a 10-cm drop. At present i am 3 workouts in but i also fit in outdoor rides on top of the 4 trainerroad sessions a week.

They can be brutal but the gains to be had are very much worth it!

S1m0n

Well, I managed Ruskin last night http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/458782-Ruskin

Had to knock it back by 5% though as I knew I'd be unable to complete it otherwise. I'm struggling to complete workouts at my previous (trained) FTP. Another Ruskin on Wednesday. Might put it up 1%

I'm into the second week of this plan but I'm only doing 2 session and supplementing with rides outdoors at the weekend.

I think I'll do the 40k TT plan next season in prep for some races

Kasabian helped me through this one.

Simon it's really important to check the FTP regularly with a test and reset it up or down... otherwise you will demotivate if it's too high and you are struggling to complete as the session suggests ....my FTP had to be reset downwards by 15 watts at the end of the summer when I started using TR again after the season .... but back up already to where it was in spring 2013..... it's a great aid ..... can I recommend the 8 days of california tour for the darker days .... 8 consecutive days in the saddle really loads up the TSS numbers ....then you can take a rest and retest and watch the FTP improve....

my pain chamber is in my garage ....TR on horizontal on the laptop whilst I watch Netflix....in the most intense workouts often hard to watch properly but kills two birds with one stone for the time pressured like me

stoobydale

Über Member
Hopefully going to give TR a go this week. Power2max should be arriving to so will be comparing Tacx Cosmos and Kurt Kinetic Road Machine once I get everything set up. Just need a dose of motivation to get me started.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
*sniff

I had a turbo and sold it about a year ago because I never used it. Then I need one again so ended up taking advantage of an offer in Halfords, last week. Done an FTHR test on Friday morning and to say that it was an enjoyable way to start the day would be a lie. Also been very close to getting a power meter of late but am going to give this virtual power a try on TR. As long as it's consistent then it should be of some benefit. Now I just need to fit in time for these sessions, along with commuting, Sat fast club run, Sun hilly social club run, BC Circuit coaching sessions and Tuesday night chaingangs :whistle: Wish I could just quit my job and get paid to ride a bike, heh.

*sniff

I had a turbo and sold it about a year ago because I never used it. Then I need one again so ended up taking advantage of an offer in Halfords, last week. Done an FTHR test on Friday morning and to say that it was an enjoyable way to start the day would be a lie. Also been very close to getting a power meter of late but am going to give this virtual power a try on TR. As long as it's consistent then it should be of some benefit. Now I just need to fit in time for these sessions, along with commuting, Sat fast club run, Sun hilly social club run, BC Circuit coaching sessions and Tuesday night chaingangs :whistle: Wish I could just quit my job and get paid to ride a bike, heh.
Ooooft if i had to start my day with a TR workout i might not get out of bed. :whistle:

Andy_G

I just done my first 8 minute test and i wont be posting it because its rather pathetic.

But
I wasnt feeling at my best and i feel asleep this afternoon and i woke up and 10 minutes later i was on it.

Brad123

This is a silly question. But after down loading RT, can it run with out been on line? eg use it at work were I have no internet.
Would like to give it a go.

Andy_G

Ive just done my 4th Crit race in which i am pants at but what the heck i enjoy it, but with 7 rounds to go im now looking at i really do need to step it up.
So im looking at the "Novice competitor high volume plan".

Do these plans actually work, i dont expect over night results but by the last race i'd expect to see something.

Top Bottom