Any 'Trainer Road' users within?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Done Jepson last night and had some juice left so went in to a free session to finish with some Tabatta intervals.
This morning has me wishing i could stay in bed a few more hours. :surrender:

OP
OP
T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Garmin USB ANT+ stick or Suunto Movestick Mini.

Devices are paired in the "Devices" tab in TR and you're set, just spin the roller to wake the ANT+ up

Ningishzidda

The speed and power values are coming from the turbo. ? These will be in line with the 'Road curve' being used by the turbo's head units firmware. Watts vs kmh. I am assuming that on an Elite Qubo Wireless Digital turbo, there isn't a strain gauge load cell measuring torque. There might be. Can anyone confirm?

Does the TR software have facility to over-ride the Turbo's signals to the brake to achieve a 'Road curve' representative of my bike which is formulated by me?

Just knocked out a PB on a training 10 mile TT. Road bike and all.

21 minutes flat.

I want to say that the Trainerroad program has got me there but i think it is more likely that Trainerroad is 50% responsible and the rest was the 18mph+ winds today. :shy:

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
Me too...legs are still wobbly, doesn't bode well for Angels tonight!
Taking a chance and doing Angels tomorrow morning so a night off!! Well, TdF riders get a day off! Good luck with your little Angels tonight.

Chris.IOW

Angels, Done. xx(:wacko: Off to Glasgow for Revolution on Saturday, I wonder if they'd let me do Downward Spiral in front of a roaring crowd??

I'm sure they would.

Stage 8 today, damn near killed me but glad to be through...Bring on Local hero tomorrow.

I have to say this tour is a fantastic idea by Trainerroad and Sufferfest, has really kicked my winter training up about 10 gears. Can't wait for a nice spring day to hopefully see the benefits.

Demonclimber

Climbing Ninja
I'm sure they would.

Stage 8 today, damn near killed me but glad to be through...Bring on Local hero tomorrow.

I have to say this tour is a fantastic idea by Trainerroad and Sufferfest, has really kicked my winter training up about 10 gears. Can't wait for a nice spring day to hopefully see the benefits.
Ended up doing TINT & R(Rem) yesterday morning and not trying to set up Velodrome Showdown, that was tough - due to bit of miscalculation with timings ended up doing 5 workouts in last 2 days!! and HR trace shows too. Local Hero tomorrow morning just before time runs out and then fame and glory as I hope to still win the Viridian Jersey! Yep, agree, genius idea - must of been of some use, never ever trained this hard before.

hi all......new to this forum and new user of trainer road. I'm a club rider and inter club racer.....on the cusp of going A4 license holder and aware I'm a bit short just now.....found TR and am using it with Lemond Revolution.....happy to share experiences and rides ....just wondering for now what standard the rest of the posters on here ride at ? first impressions of TR are very good as they provide a very controlled and disciplined workout.....as Pedro mentioned the 90 minute workouts are brutal and the Local Hero SF has a real challenging 20mins beyond FTP when already worked hard...look forward to sharing all your experiences

hi all......new to this forum and new user of trainer road. I'm a club rider and inter club racer.....on the cusp of going A4 license holder and aware I'm a bit short just now.....found TR and am using it with Lemond Revolution.....happy to share experiences and rides ....just wondering for now what standard the rest of the posters on here ride at ? first impressions of TR are very good as they provide a very controlled and disciplined workout.....as Pedro mentioned the 90 minute workouts are brutal and the Local Hero SF has a real challenging 20mins beyond FTP when already worked hard...look forward to sharing all your experiences
I think it's great John. Keeps you interested way beyond normal turbo/roller use. I actually now look forward to TR sessions with a renewed masochistic vigour. :crazy:

It' great to be able to measure progress too.

S1m0n

I see this thread is a little old but seems a good place to ask about what other trainerroaders are up to.

I decided to do the advanced century program and started last week. I want to ensure that I don't get my head kicked in on every group ride! I had to climb off after 37 mins of my second run at Citadel. Wish I'd done another FTP test before starting rather than relying on my last test done sometime in the summer.

I've got Ruskin to do tonight and I'm dreading it already.

What are other folks up to, what's your trainer and what's your torture chamber look like.

I ride kreitler 2.25" rollers in the garage. My concessions to luxury are a carpet and a comfy saddle

Top Bottom