Any vinyl record lovers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
It shows your age when you tell people you have a large vinyl collection (and I suppose if you speak to certain people they may think you kinky^_^),,,,but we're talking records here. I am a great lover of music from 70's 80's and all played on a Linn turntable....there must be some like minded souls out there.....

Still got quite a few of my collection, bot 7" & LPs

Selected items here (doubtless to be dissected in detail by the forum?)

Attachments

• P4110607.JPG
    P4110607.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 34
  • P4110608.JPG
    P4110608.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 34
  • P6101235.JPG
    P6101235.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 38
  • P6101238.JPG
    P6101238.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 36
  • P6111229.JPG
    P6111229.JPG
    234.4 KB · Views: 33
  • P6111230.JPG
    P6111230.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 32
  • P6111231.JPG
    P6111231.JPG
    247.1 KB · Views: 34
  • P6111232.JPG
    P6111232.JPG
    230.6 KB · Views: 34
  • P6111233.JPG
    P6111233.JPG
    235.5 KB · Views: 34

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Still got our old Bush music centre and all the LPs from the 70s and 80s but no singles [apart from the NME shiny black round thing in a box somewhere]- which were a waste of time, money and effort!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
got about 1200 LPs and 12"s, and about 300 7" singles, and one crappy belt drive turntable which always disappoints. Would love a pair of decks but don't really have the space. Still buy vinyl occasionally, but i need a to do a bit of a cull before i expand the collection too much more. Still got many of the singles and albums i bought in my childhood, many of which i'm not proud of but would never get rid of... John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John, Shakin' Stevens, Matchbox, David Essex, Boomtown Rats, Eddie Kidd (yes, him), Brown Sauce (yes, them!) and many more audio atrocities.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3524179, member: 259"]I'm much like you, and I've been toying with getting another turntable (was looking at the projects that @threebikesmcginty uses, but never got round to it.

I disagree with @Archie_tect about the singles, they sometimes had wonderful mixes that were miles aways from the albums, and I don't think I'll ever replace my pile of Jamaican 12 inchers (calling @Fnaar ):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I think my Project cost just over £100, they're probs a few quid more now, great kit for the money.

I've got a few of those reggae 12"ers too, they're about an inch thick.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Bought this a while back, box set of 7" Cramps singles with booklet, postcards and stuff, cool eh.

cramps_file_under_sacred_music.jpg

outlash

also available in orange
Back in my 20's I was involved in music and did a bit of DJ'ing so I had a few thousand pieces of vinyl with a couple of Technics 1200's for practicing set up in my studio (well, front room). It all went as my family appeared combined with moving out of london, it took up an awful lot of space and despite my offer of putting the kids in the shed, bizarrely my wife preferred them to my record collection so they had to go.

tony.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 3524179, member: 259"]I'm much like you, and I've been toying with getting another turntable (was looking at the projects that @threebikesmcginty uses, but never got round to it.

I disagree with @Archie_tect about the singles, they sometimes had wonderful mixes that were miles aways from the albums, and I don't think I'll ever replace my pile of Jamaican 12 inchers (calling @Fnaar ):rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
A couple of Technics 1200s or 1210s would be ideal, possibly Newmarks... but any decent direct drive table would do. My current belt drive always seems to need a new belt... they don't seem to last more than a couple of years.

Going through the singles... which i last did on my 45th birthday (as is the law!), is like a history of me lesson... they bring back so many memories... and raise so many questions like "Why did i buy that sh!t?"

Top Bottom