Any vinyl record lovers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
the problem with all that high end hi fi and with all that money involved it's easy to forget that what it really is all about is "listening" to the music and there comes a point where financially it is a waste of time upgrading....simply because as you grow older the hearing diminishes. Having said all that some years ago I had a demonstration at home of an LP 12 with an ekos arm and a troika cartridge....it took me to another level...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Nobody mention speaker cable...

Chromatic

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3525230, member: 259"]In case anyone missed it, there was a really interesting article in the Guardian, wedged between the kale risotto recipes.

Optimal is the last big vinyl record manufacturer in Europe, and its order books have never been fuller, but the presses are all ageing, and apparently nobody wants to invest in making new ones.[/QUOTE]

Interesting read Mort, ta for the link.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3525230, member: 259"]In case anyone missed it, there was a really interesting article in the Guardian, wedged between the kale risotto recipes.

Optimal is the last big vinyl record manufacturer in Europe, and its order books have never been fuller, but the presses are all ageing, and apparently nobody wants to invest in making new ones.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good stuff, cheers Mort. The hipster Sunday evenings bit is hilarious. And Murphy in Hackney, £6000 speakers and stuff and she puts on Jeff bloody Buckley.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Some people feel the same about bikes. But I bet you know the make and model of the gears on yours.

I could even quote you the serial number. :hello:

But the thing is I refer to the package as a bike as in I'm off for a bike ride not a Rohloff hub geared 14 speed bike ride.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I could even quote you the serial number. :hello:

But the thing is I refer to the package as a bike as in I'm off for a bike ride not a Rohloff hub geared 14 speed bike ride.
Quite, I refer to my much loved (and quite expensive, though no-where as dear as some) Hifi as "The Stereo" as in "I'm gonna put some music on the stereo".
I might play a CD an LP a Cassette or a Minidisc, but the turntable is one aspect that can be altered or upgraded by changing its various components to 'fine tune' it to a sound that brings out the best of a certain genre of music, i.e. I would not play a classical piece on a 'deck' that was optimised for techno/hip-hop, just as I wouldn't go touring on my 'time trial' bike.

Top Bottom