Anybody else televisionless?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danphoto

As it says, really.

It dawned on us earlier that it's now 30 years since we got rid of the haunted fish tank - so long, in fact, that the TV licencing people have given up sending us the nasty letter every two years saying "cough up now or we'll kick down your front door at 4am and find your television set then have you up before the beak PDQ".

So I'm just wondering if there's anybody else here who hasn't got a TV set and doesn't want one :smile:

Clandy

I have a TV set, but it is not tuned in or connected to an aerial, satellite, or cable, and I do not watch broadcast TV. It is used for watching DVD/Blu-Ray and playing games. I have not watched broadcast TV for about five or six years now.

mog35

Same here. It's been that way since I moved about two years ago. I was given a TV by my old landlord when I moved, but it's not tuned and I only ever use it for DVDs, which is not often at the moment. I'd rather just be reading with music on in the background, or out on the bike.

I keep expecting letters from TV licensing to arrive, but they never do. They'd get ignored anyway.

If there is something I want to see, I just watch it on iPlayer or 4OD or whatever.

No TV for me either. I am a walking cultural desert... the grains of sand forming dunes of ignorance, blown by the winds of popularity.

Only crazy people watch TV don't they, threechannelsmcginty? :smile:

darth vadar

Über Member
I have a TV set, but it is not tuned in or connected to an aerial, satellite, or cable, and I do not watch broadcast TV. It is used for watching DVD/Blu-Ray and playing games. I have not watched broadcast TV for about five or six years now.

Is that what you said to the TV Licence authorities when they rumbled you ?

:thumbsup:

jugglingphil

I have a TV.
My kids school are asking all pupil (and parents) not to have any screen-time this week. No TV, DVD, computer, DS etc etc.
I don't expect it to be too hard (for my kids) as they already don't have any screen time during the week. The wife and I do tend to watch the telly/dvd in the evening.

I do fancy getting rid of the home computer and telly, not quite had the spark to make it happen yet.

Top Bottom