Anyone doing any gigs this year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
This thread is sponsored by Aperitif....

Spiers and Boden this Saturday
Iona next month
Kathryn Tickell (phwooar) next month
Kings of Leon next month
Ken Dodd September
Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain October
Yes in November
Peter Frampton November
Bellowhead November

Ajay

Veteran
Foo Fighters in July, oh yes!

Saw Doctors July 13th Inverness, July 15th Kirkwall, July 16th Ullapool. Still working on the logistics to fit the cycling in.

TVC

Roger Waters on Thursday, Hayseed Dixie next week. Belle & Sebastian in a couple of weeks.Went to Avenue Q a couple of weeks ago. Saw Alan Ackbourns Absurd person singular at Leicester Curve this evening, going to Simon Evans next week. Scissor Sisters and Blondie in July.

I've even been to Paris just to see a band.

Going to see live shows is how Mrs VC and I entertain ourselves.

henshaw11

Another for Roger Waters on thursday (just been reminded about it at the pub!)
Rush (Brum and the O2) towards the end of the month.
Journey, Whitesnake in June.
Download
mebbe Sonisphere
possibly a female-metal-voices thang in Birmingham around the late may bank holiday
Oh, and the High Voltage festival - Judas Priest* and Dream Theater headlining
*sadly missing KK Downing..

For the record:
last week was Die So Fluid, Marty Friedman (different days!)
The month or so before was Epica/Revamp, SymphonyX, Accept...

Graspop was kinda on the cards but the logistics vs holiday allocation looks like that's a bit impractical
(hmm....that means I can still see Nightranger...yehaar !)

Hayseed Dixie - should be fun :smile: - saw them at Download a few years ago.

Roger Waters on Thursday, Hayseed Dixie next week. Belle & Sebastian in a couple of weeks.Went to Avenue Q a couple of weeks ago. Saw Alan Ackbourns Absurd person singular at Leicester Curve this evening, going to Simon Evans next week. Scissor Sisters and Blondie in July.

I've even been to Paris just to see a band.

Going to see live shows is how Mrs VC and I entertain ourselves.

Wow!

TVC

Thanks, going out is just a habit we slipped into. I can't just sit in and watch Eastenders or spend most nights propping up a bar like most people I work with.

Been to quite a few already but it's a bit quiet on the gig front from now on. I've seen Lau a couple of times, the decemberists, jeff mills, and a couple of really brilliant classical concerts. I try to keep an eye out for good gigs but it's the other half who is more organized with this.

Last year we saw broken social scene, godspeed you! black emperor, tortoise and goldfrapp in a short space of time so were quite gigged out for a while...

Top Bottom