Anyone else come a cropper this morning?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been delaying fitting my Marathon Winters until "Winter" arrived in these parts, seems i delayed one day too long. After heavy rain yesterday evening the temperature then plummeted to near freezing this morning and the commute to work at 6.30am seemed daunting, all was fine with well treated roads until i arrived on to our industrial estate and as i approached the gates to the factory i hit the deck. Left knee took the brunt of it and the handlebars smacked me in the cheek. Bikes ok though but i tore a hole in my Altura winter cruisers, thats really annoyed me. Lesson learned, Marathon winters now fitted so that'll no doubt bring a return of the heatwave:banghead:

U

User33236

I've been delaying fitting my Marathon Winters until "Winter" arrived in these parts, seems i delayed one day too long. After heavy rain yesterday evening the temperature then plummeted to near freezing this morning and the commute to work at 6.30am seemed daunting, all was fine with well treated roads until i arrived on to our industrial estate and as i approached the gates to the factory i hit the deck. Left knee took the brunt of it and the handlebars smacked me in the cheek. Bikes ok though but i tore a hole in my Altura winter cruisers, thats really annoyed me. Lesson learned, Marathon winters now fitted so that'll no doubt bring a return of the heatwave:banghead:
I went outside before starting my commute and everything looked fine so got te bike out. Made it 200 yards or so and down I went on some black ice!

Currently waiting on word of surgery to fit a DVR plate to fix my broken right radius :sad:

Hyslop

Veteran
Sorry to hear that,and I hope youre OK in the morning.Voltarol gel is fairly effective if your knee is painful,not sure Id use it on the face though! I had a similar experience some time back.Bought a new softshell and next day,feeling good, off I went-in wintry weather.Well, I did smell the petrol on the road so I slowed,however the black ice on the cambered bend caught me out.Off I came,resulting in a holed jacket and a cracked Catlike helmet.Not nice at all.So,back on,safe journey and if we get a heatwave youre due lots of these^_^:okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Our friends across the border provide a useful barometer. When the Scots start coming off, it's about time for the English to think about changing tyres. So that's my job before bed (with a glass of scotch in fact;))

Get well soon SG, and I hope the OP can get some new tights soon:okay:.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Thick coat of ice on my car this morning, defrosted and went to pick my wife up from work no problems. On way home some nugget on a motorbike came out of a T junction like a bat out of hell, approximately 150 yards down the road we could see his rear light swaying dangerously from side to side as he fought to control his bike, he managed to stop "safely" but I bet he had to go home to change his underwear.:smile:

Top Bottom