Anyone else doing sweet Fanny Adams tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a crap year that was. I don't feel inclined to mark its passing. Bowl of soup and an early night for yours truly. Not as miserable as I sound, honestly, just nonplussed. Roll on 2010.

yashicamat

I thought the celebration was "Happy New Year"?:eek:

I'll be welcoming in the new year at my local tonight. Better than this time last year when I was sleeping off a 6 hour stint spent at A&E hooked up to an ECG.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yup, me too - well, I might stay up (I might even stay online!) but I'll be alone and not particularly celebrating. Not that it's been a lousy year, I just don't tend to do New Year. I always seem to end up the odd one out in a party of couples.

I'm having spag bol though. Mmmmmmm:tongue:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just stacked half a load of logs in the store, done some fettling on the MTB, which has had two very muddy wet rides this holiday, now a few minutes on line, then a curry washed down with a bottle of Blond Witch. Tomorrow? Might get out on the road bike if it stays fine.

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:
I don't do new year - can't remember the last time I was still awake at midnight on new years eve or any eve for that matter.

I'm not having spag bol...

Oh, can I have yours then?:eek:

I get the turning of the year stuff, I just can't be bothered to go out and feel lonely in the middle of a crowd, fight for space in a pub, or freeze outside the Minster. I suppose if I open my window at midnight, and stand there in my jimjams listening to the chimes, I can get the Minster gathering effect without the elbowing and having to go down and up the stairs....

I did think about getting a beer in, but I drank a fair bit last night (well, for me, two pints and a glass of wine), so I don't really feel I need it.

wafflycat

I was at a funeral today! Actually not a sad occasion it was a joyful celebration of the passing of a genuinely good spiritual and decent person who'd had a long life (97 years) and who passed along joy to all who met her. The occasion where you mark it as being glad you had actually met that person in your life as a result of the distinct pleasure of their friendship over the years. But tonight is not feeling like a partying night - it's going to be a quiet night of good food & drink with loving family. Which is not a bad way to see out the old year and see in the new one.

aka0019

Just the local for me tonight. I think new year is totally over rated. Just a normal night as far as i'm concerned, except i'm having to pay a fiver to enter the pub!

Addictfreak, are you a member of a club in Shields or there abouts? I'm a member of Gosforth. I live in Cleadon, just up the road!

abchandler

A night in with my two lads for me. Not decided whether to stay up for the chimes or not. Fancy a ride out tomorrow so chances are it'll be an early-ish night.

Happy New Year to all

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm doing nothing either.

I could go out with my neighbour for a meal with his friends and then to a midnight gig that one of his friends is doing but it will be an 7.30pm to 3 or 4am thing and, it pains me to say it, I am too old to do that when I know I have to maintain the early nights and early starts for college next week.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
Oh, can I have yours then?:headshake:

I get the turning of the year stuff, I just can't be bothered to go out and feel lonely in the middle of a crowd, fight for space in a pub, or freeze outside the Minster. I suppose if I open my window at midnight, and stand there in my jimjams listening to the chimes, I can get the Minster gathering effect without the elbowing and having to go down and up the stairs....

I did think about getting a beer in, but I drank a fair bit last night (well, for me, two pints and a glass of wine), so I don't really feel I need it.
Arch, fancy some company?
We could be sober together while seeing in the new year.:headshake:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We usually have a party at home, and invite friends and family round. This year we are off to a mates house - all got kids, so pretty tame, with some BIG fireworks at midnight.....

Sorry - We're going out....don't get much chance usually.

Top Bottom