Anyone else doing sweet Fanny Adams tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
We've just arrived, although my wife will not take part in any conversation until she has finished watching tonights (recorded) Eastenders..:blush:

No worries, I watched while I had tea. I'll be the same when Dr Who is on tomorrow.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
quiet night in for us, will mooch, watch some telly, see midnight, probably watch some fireworks and then pack ourselves, and the boys, off to bed. Could go to a neighbours bash but kids are at an awkward age, not fair to take them and not fair to leave them behind. I will be out on the bike tomorrow seeing how long a resolution lasts:biggrin:

I watched Grumpy New Year, or whatever, last night and thought one comment quite funny. Why do we have New Year just after Xmas, it's all a bit much? Why not have it in Spring when there's new life to celebrate?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'll be celebrating the end of the decade in a year's time, after ten full years have passed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Come to my party! Things are livening up, but I'm hoping to regain control as soon as I dig out the riding crop....

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Kids have gone to sleep,nearly smashed the "Big light" playing Wii tennis....time to have a drink and relax in front of crap telly.....time for a drink with Mrs Skud and hope 2010 is a good year.
Happy New Year everyone ;)

I quite enjoyed 2009 until it grew to a close with my younger brother dieing suddenly in mid December and his funeral on Christmas Eve.

Things can only get better as 2010 gets closer and my 3 grandsons have been cheering me up.

A quiet evening for us this time.

Happy New Year to one and all.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sorry to hear that John, it's especially hard at a time like Christmas, when you get reminders year after year.

The grandsons will do sterling work I'm sure. I lost my boyfriend a few months before nephew Oli was born, and having Oli to fuss over made a big difference to my will to carry on....

Wishing you a better New Year John.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Sorry to here that John.

We watched 'Moon' a film by David Bowie's son Duncan Jones, very good in a actual fact, drank a beer and a couple of glasses of wine and managed to stay up until 11 o'clock - rock 'n' roll!!

aka0019 said:
Just the local for me tonight. I think new year is totally over rated. Just a normal night as far as i'm concerned, except i'm having to pay a fiver to enter the pub!

Addictfreak, are you a member of a club in Shields or there abouts? I'm a member of Gosforth. I live in Cleadon, just up the road!

Not at the moment, have been toying with the idea of joining Sunderland Clarion. They meet not far from us and have there monthly meetings at Boldon CA.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I was planning on a nice, quiet restful new year, snuggles on the sofa, DVD, early night to catch up on sleep ...

BUT ... XmissusIS decided that we were going Salsa Dancing (which is totally NOT my thing!) so I ended up staying up until 2am, bored out of my skull, tired as buggery!

I did explain to her ... "I do motorbikes, power tools, heavy metal music, rock climbing and bicycles. I do not, however, do 'dancing'." ... but it fell on deaf ears ... :smile:

You may think New Year is over rated but I don't.It's more special to me and I know I havent got the end of this years new years eve off and neither did I have last year...So if I have to pay more I will.

Just checked...that's the first time since 2004 where I have been able to drink new years eve because im not working on New Years Day.

Top Bottom