Anyone else got/had this cold-flu type virus??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Whole family had it, with the cough afterwards. I lost about 3 days around Christmas and am finally getting over it. Being asthmatic never helps.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I've been lucky, last weekend I had a bit of a cold, but not too bad. I'm still not rid of it though.

I know plenty of people who had it before Christmas and are still not right yet.

A 21 Y.O. Fitness instructor at the gym played badminton with me on the Tuesday before Christmas. The next day he got flu and conjunctivitis, the flu turned into a chest infection. I saw him last on Wednesday and he looked and sounded awful. He's one of these chiseled athletic looking types that fitness is just a given, but he actually looked like a very old man.
It'll be the beating at badminton that did it!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*holds hand up*
Last week was just awful - coughing like it's going out of fashion, blocked nose, sinus pain, the whole groupset.
Today's not quite as bad, but I've still barely been in the saddle all year.

ACS

Legendary Member
Floored me 2 days before Christmas and took me a good 8 or 9 days to shake off the effects. Of course I was lucky in that my 2 lovely grandsons, aged 5 and 3, kept me company and ensured that 'old grumpy' remained full of fun.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Urgh, head cold before christmas and im full of chest infection now which im only just about getting over. Haven't ridden for about two weeks either which is killing me as I wanna get out on my new bike :cursing:
I do not normally get ill like this but everyone seems to have something at the minute.

pclay

Veteran
Got it on the 19 dec, mild fever, but the worst of it is the cough. Still have the cough, although it's slowly going day by day.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Came down with it on Christmas Day. Been too long to remember the last time it hit me so bad. Missed out Boxing day completely. Next day only managed an hour out of bed, 2 hours the next day. Didn't eat anything for 60 hours. But once started getting better it seemed to abate quite quickly. I'm still not 100%, more like 95% at the moment.
Similar here, but I'm only ever 65% these days:whistle:

Picked up something like that

Horrible hacking cough, that just doesn't want to develop into a proper cough
Runny eyes, waking up with eyelashes matted
Throbbing in head, at back/sides, near neck

Then ast night, extremely violent shivers (almost spasming), when I went for a widdle. Practically had to crawl back from bathroom, got back into bed shivering & feeling extremely cold

That said, I'm still riding to work, & managing not to cough over other staff/patients

gavgav

Guru
It's been raging through our office like wildfire, but ive missed it so far. One colleague had 4 weeks off and still isn't right now she's back.

All seem to be saying that just as you think you are getting over it, back it comes with a vengeance.

I DONT WANT IT!!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Yep me too, mostly stayed in over Christmas/New year apart from a few rides but went out Monday and had a few drinks at lunchtime mid-ride and Wallop, felt like crap since. I ache all over and a bunged up head with alternating sweats and shivers, that'll teach me not to go into pubs this time of year. :whistle:

screenman

Legendary Member
This is true but unfortunately many people have employers who look at sick records in the sort of way that encourages people to go in to work when they shouldn't.

I know that one, how stupid they are though. Tesco often give a discipline notice if you are off sick, is one I have been told about.

screenman

Legendary Member
Picked up something like that

Horrible hacking cough, that just doesn't want to develop into a proper cough
Runny eyes, waking up with eyelashes matted
Throbbing in head, at back/sides, near neck

Then ast night, extremely violent shivers (almost spasming), when I went for a widdle. Practically had to crawl back from bathroom, got back into bed shivering & feeling extremely cold

That said, I'm still riding to work, & managing not to cough over other staff/patients

You are kidding with that last line I hope.

Top Bottom