Anyone else got/had this cold-flu type virus??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am confused. Nearly all symptoms mentioned are indicative of flu. Flu can be severe or mild and there are different strains. Also as flu is a virus and not bacteria, antibiotics do not work.

Am I am missing something?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I think I've got it, started last Friday and I had Monday and Tuesday off work, went in yesterday and felt a bit rough, today I'm at work but feeling worse. I only went to work because my brain told me that a cold is only generally worth a couple of days off. Plus I'm at my best for the first couple of hours after waking.

That cough though, it's like I've breathed in a cat's whisker.

*tries to ignore tickling feeling*

-one little cough should dislodge it.​

*starts 20-minute coughing fit*

RedRider

Pulling through
Finally rid of the lingering cough almost one month after symptoms started. Came on suddenly - fine in the morning, couldn't stop sneezing by the evening - and I took two days sick leave, my first of 2014.
With hindsight I might have taken the rest of that first week off as even though the sneezing was relatively infrequent iwas wiped and pretty useless for a few days more. Must be a particularly harsh strain as I normally get away with it, something I put down to cycling.

KneesUp

Guru
I've had it since a few days before Christmas. Still not got my voice back properly, still producing oceans of snot and still coughing - but apart from that I feel fine. Like @ColinJ I'm annoyed it's ruined my good intentions for 2015. I've cycled about 10 miles since Christmas I think! Still, 11 and a half months to go :smile:

Seem to have a mild form of this at the moment(although maybe the worst is to come);been going around work since I started back after the christmas/new year break and no doubt loads of germs wafting around in the trains I've been using.
Was hoping to get out on the club run this saturday but if I do go now it'll probably be with the shorter 'easy' group;looks like it's going to be dry too so would have been another chance to use the helium.

screenman

Legendary Member
Did my first swim yesterday after 4 weeks off with the virus. I would say before I had it I felt 40, when I had it I felt 95, now back to about 65 so going in right direction.

Not that I have a clue what feeling those older ages are, but it helps my simple mind.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Spot-on! Last night was the first night I haven't woken myself up coughing since January 1st.
And, for the last time, it wasn't me who gave it to you^_^

byegad

Legendary Member
Still not right (OK, I know I never was!) after 3 weeks of this beast. I've not ridden or gone far since I got the bug on the 22nd of December. Hopefully I'll be able to get a trike out next week!

andyfraser

Über Member
I've been quite lucky it seems. It came on really fast, stayed for 2 weeks then departed just as quickly. Within 2 days of starting to feel better it had gone. Just a little bit of a cough remained. I still feel a bit more tired than usual though.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Just had to duck out of a presentation by our CEO. It was like I was trying to cough up a tumbleweed-sized hairball.

Sod this, I haven't even had it a week yet.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
*holds hand up*
Last week was just awful - coughing like it's going out of fashion, blocked nose, sinus pain, the whole groupset.
Today's not quite as bad, but I've still barely been in the saddle all year.
Back with a vengeance. I've barely made it out of bed the last few days :cold:

Top Bottom