Anyone else got/had this cold-flu type virus??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
ten days here ...

5 weeks here.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just got mine :sad:...but so far its not too bad.
Probably caught mine off a guy at work, we've both suffered pneumonia and pleurisy but his pleurisy keeps coming back, he's in a right 2 & 8 quite often, Monday he looked like death with a virus.
Yesterday, slight headache, mild lethargy and a sore throat that's reduced me to whispering.
Today much the same.
When I get a virus, I tend to switch off at work, just get through the day and survive on doing the minimum possible. FAT chance :whistle:...last two days have been quite physical...lots of breakdowns, racking repairs, walking walking, on my feet all day. TBF, its not bad at all...more a tiresome annoyance. Mind, i'm coming home, tea, bath, maybe a bit of TV and then in bed at 8pm, sleep at 9...out like a light.

Lisat

Started feeling ill Monday morning with a sore chest. Then came the coughing and spluttering, a fever and aching throughout. 3 days in bed so far and no appetite at all. Absolutely exhausted from the coughing.
I had already had something similar just before Christmas but this must be the mutation back with a vengeance. Bored of it all now.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
It's knocking me about a lot and hanging on for days. I'm currently off work, off bike, off food. At the moment I couldn't climb on a bike, much less push the pedals round.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just had to duck out of a presentation by our CEO. It was like I was trying to cough up a tumbleweed-sized hairball.

Sod this, I haven't even had it a week yet.
And if it's anything like the bug I had in early December (weird one, fever and cough, sore throat from cough), whatever you do manage to cough up will be the size of a small finger nail!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
:hello: me too, it's not like mine is overly severe or anything, i was feverish & shaking in bed two nights running, but on the way out of it now, just a lingering cough & claggy head.

Little Miss C suffered though, 3 years old & had it 3 weeks nearly, culminating in an A & E visit on Christmas Day with a temperature of 39.1, poor kid.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
And if it's anything like the bug I had in early December (weird one, fever and cough, sore throat from cough), whatever you do manage to cough up will be the size of a small finger nail!

It isn't currently a very productive cough that's for sure.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It isn't currently a very productive cough that's for sure.
That's what my sisters and I experienced - cough, cough, cough ... nothing!

The reason I don't think it was a heavy cold was that I never got the snotty nose.

It's one of the nastiest bugs that I have had since a 'proper' flu infection about 25 years ago which did all that this bug did but gave me projectile vomiting and explosive squits as well! xx(

Lullabelle

Banana
Last Wednesday my doctor told me I had laryngitis, rest the voice, drink lots of liquid and take ibuprofen all of which I did, I too have had a really dreadful cough and wake up at least twice every night and have a coughing fit, it is almost gone but has left me with really bad back pains, most mornings I have regular spasms and can't straighten up for a while, I am hoping regular hot radox baths will help.

byegad

Legendary Member
Last Wednesday my doctor told me I had laryngitis, rest the voice, drink lots of liquid and take ibuprofen all of which I did, I too have had a really dreadful cough and wake up at least twice every night and have a coughing fit, it is almost gone but has left me with really bad back pains, most mornings I have regular spasms and can't straighten up for a while, I am hoping regular hot radox baths will help.

Best cure is a mouth full of the 'ardent spirit' of your choice. Only swallow if spoken to then refill the mouth. If you get in a crowd of friends you'll be so plastered within 15 minutes that the virus will be forgotten.

Top Bottom