Anyone else got/had this cold-flu type virus??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I know a few who have been rough with a 2 week chest infection,been a nasty one this year.
I usually get a call from the Dr for flu jab due to auto imune condition..but not this year..and so far ive been fine,but then ivenot been in a waiting room.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The thing is if more sick people would stay at home less of us would have it.
Too right!

A friend of my sister turned up before Christmas to take her and several other women to a Christmas do. The driver was so ill with this bug that she barely made it through the meal, and became too ill to drive them back. Her son had to bring her husband out to collect the car and take the women home.

All of the other women developed the illness over the next few days, and I caught it off my sister a few days after her symptoms appeared.

I once had an argument with a colleague about a third person who had insisted on coming in to our open plan office when suffering from a bug like the one currently sweeping the country. Argumentative colleague said that people should come to work unless they were so ill that their legs gave way when they tried to get out of bed! I said that he was risking the health of everyone else and should go home.

The inevitable happened - sick guy got worse overnight and did not come in the following day. Over the next few days, all the people who had been sitting at desks close to his came down with the bug. One martyr struggling on for 3 days ended up causing about another 3 man-weeks worth of sickness! The really stupid thing is that original sick guy had barely done any work during those 3 days - he had spent most of his time coughing, blowing his nose, and sitting back in his chair groaning ...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Had "flu" since boxing day, spent 6 days in bed, and became addicted to codine...seriously...still struggle a little with a tight chest and chesty cough.

Pretty much wrote off my Christmas break.

Bah humbug

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yea, I've been feeling crap for about 4 weeks now.... Not even thought of getting on the bike. Keeps nearly going, then coming back. Has been disrupting sleep too, which hasn't helped.

sarahale

Über Member
Had Tonsillitis just before Xmas, nasty. Got a cold just before new years and now on my second cold which started a few days ago. Only had 2.5 days off work for the whole lot and I cycle throughout as I have a horse which needs my attention no matter how ill I am.

Feel like I have to go to work otherwise the boss gets narky. Took me an hour to cycle my 25min journey this morn..

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Don't read if you're having lunch...
I had a nasty, sinusy cold over Christmas. I'm okay now, but I'm still getting really crusty bogies right at the back of my nose.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hmm ... I thought I was nearly recovered from the bug but 25 minutes on my gym bike just put me straight on that one! I was going to do some moderate efforts for 30 minutes but the phone rang after 25 and I stopped to answer it. I immediately felt my legs wobble, the room seemed to be spinning round and I could hardly catch my breath. I almost fainted!

I had better restrict myself to hill walking and gentle cycling for another week to allow more time for recovery ... Not the great start to cycling in 2015 that I had planned for myself!

Ciar

Veteran
Had it for about three weeks so far, mostly recovered apart from the lingering cough which mean and the rest of the family have, it's tedious!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Have managed to avoid it myself (touches wood) but a couple of work colleagues have been suffering - one of them for the last 8 weeks.:ohmy: She got a telling off from the doctor on friday for leaving it so long before making an appointment.

screenman

Legendary Member
You may live a solitary life, locked away from people in your house.

Most of us have a thing called a social life...

Got a family, got a busy social life, got a busy work life and a busy sporting life.

I was replying to your post about people catching this at home. How does anyone know where they came into contact with it?

gavgav

Guru
Have managed to avoid it myself (touches wood) but a couple of work colleagues have been suffering - one of them for the last 8 weeks.:ohmy: She got a telling off from the doctor on friday for leaving it so long before making an appointment.
She's probably been waiting that long for an appointment!! Bloody GP's are one of the main causes of all the current A&E issues.

People want GP appointments when they aren't at work, I.e evenings and weekends....... and when don't GP's open........oh yes, precisely then!

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
MrsP went down with it on Boxing day, it turned from a flu like heavy cold, shivering, then sweating, to gastric flu so she couldn't be far from the loo along with the other problems, and then a hacking cough developed which she still has. Quite a few people at work have had it and almost everyone I speak to have had it or know someone who has. As yet I have dodged it.:unsure:

Top Bottom