Anyone else on the same boat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
When all this business with Covid19 started, back in March, my wife decided we should sleep in different rooms so we don't breathe on each other all night. Well, a few days ago, I asked her when we would get back together at night again. She said she is quite happy to stay as we are as she sleeps better on her own, having more room in bed. I must add that she is 74 and me 69. At first, I was a bit taken aback but now, I feel I have adjusted and enjoy having the room and bed to myself.
Another reason why she wanted her own bed is also because Molly shares our bed and it didn't leave much room. Now , Molly chooses with whom she wants to be every night.
I tend to think now that this arrangement works well in fact.

Slick

Guru
If it works well for you both, then that's good, not being cheeky or anything but you are obviously no longer teens.

I don't think it would work for me personally, but never say never as things can clearly change.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
If it works well for you both, then that's good, not being cheeky or anything but you are obviously no longer teens.

I don't think it would work for me personally, but never say never as things can clearly change.
How true.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I had Molly in bed too 🐱:laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
No, we still sleep together in the king size water bed, but at 51 and 41 we're still young. Mrs D likes a cuddle, as do I, and the chance to ravish me several times a night :laugh:

Lemmy comes up on the bed if we're awake, such as watching a film or reading, but when we go to sleep he's very good and pops back down into his own bed in the bedroom. I wouldn't be churlish and ban him - hes a clean animal, and theres no doubt that if the sheet ever hit the bladed rotating object that he'd die to protect us, so it's only fair I show him a little bit of due consideration by way of payment.

My eldest daughter has a Rotty. Hes a lovely thing, but about the size of an ox. He has his own sofa to sleep on in her bedroom.

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I am with @screenman on this. TBF we are not doggy/cat people. But why anyone would have a pet on the bed is beyond me (good job we are all different).
Aged 73 and 70 we share a bed and a bit of Drago(slang) when the mood takes ^_^.
I sometimes have weird/vivid dreams and have been known to kick out so MrsD has sometimes suggested seperate beds but so far it has not happened.

Top Bottom