Anyone else smelt their own?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Very impressive.
Is it still going strong??

I could even grow the hemp for lashing it together.

And carve the pedals from home cut beech, as well. :bicycle:

Thanks.

It is still going strong. I've been threatening to update my build thread for a long time now about how its been, essentially though, I've had no issues at all and it's a lovely bike to ride.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Thanks.

It is still going strong. I've been threatening to update my build thread for a long time now about how its been, essentially though, I've had no issues at all and it's a lovely bike to ride.

Sounds great, updates awaited.

Maybe there's a book deal in growing, and building my own bike, and then setting forth on an organic farm cycle tour of Europe.. :bicycle:

Reactions: C R

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Actually the waste is known as Dross, Slag is the waste rock from Coalmining
In American English, dross is unknown, but slag is the by- product of smelting or coal production . We also call the by-product of coal production tailings. I take railroad pictures from atop a large slagheap known as Jumbo, near Toluca, Illinois.
Here's picture from the Parks Department, and the Santa-Fe mainline is on the other side.
toluca_jumbopark_head.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slag

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
There is also a cheese and pizza shop there in town, and two supposedly good Italian restaurants I will not vouch for. Because I hit them on a bad day or something, and I don't think my results were representative. Not a lot in Toluca, otherwise. Mine tailing,Santa Fe main line, Supreme House of Cheese.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Yep, it's my painkiller of choice, much better than the Tramadol or Dihydrocodeine I have.

Got to be better for you than them chemicals.

And it grows with minimal inputs, the seeds are very nutritious, plus the highly productive fibre element has loads of applications.

Such a shame its cultivation has been so restricted. It could have replaced high input, cotton for example, years ago.

Getting a licence to grow even the low thc variant is very difficult.

Short sighted, narrow mindedness, combined with resistance from the chemical manufacturers has slowed things down enormously :sad:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Got to be better for you than them chemicals.

And it grows with minimal inputs, the seeds are very nutritious, plus the highly productive fibre element has loads of applications.

Such a shame its cultivation has been so restricted. It could have replaced high input, cotton for example, years ago.

Getting a licence to grow even the low thc variant is very difficult.

Short sighted, narrow mindedness, combined with resistance from the chemical manufacturers has slowed things down enormously :sad:
Or come to Illinois.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Oh, and let's not forget hemp flowers run about $100.00 a pound USD.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Retrace the route of the Vikings, or St. Brendan. Good places to ride, fairly flat (but windy), and pot is legal after January. Good craft brewery near my house.
https://www.destihl.com/brewery.html

Sounds like a plan :smile:

Methinks you must work for the "Visit Illinois" tourism board.. :rolleyes:

I'm one of those weirdos who quite likes hills tho.

Just as well really, residing in lumpy Devon.

Top Bottom