Anyone Else Struggling To Get Out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I contented myself with fixing a puncture on wife's bike after yesterday's 20 miles. Intended to get out afterwards, but it was a bit cold and I have to work outside. Tomorrow might be OK.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I'm also struggling to get out. The combination of working a lot over Xmas, blowing a gale, heavy rain or icy temperatures has put me off over the last few weeks. Only had two or three rides over the last 4 weeks.

I was hoping to get out tonight, but the roads are damp, gritters are out and it'll be dropping below freezing very soon. I don't fancy crashing on ice, which effectively writes off tommorrow too :sad:

Still, Monday looks OK and I have the day off. :smile:

Ian193

Über Member
Not been out since NYE when I commuted home at lunchtime I struggled a bit because I was hungry and had forgotten to fill my bottles up just over 7 miles at 13mph average hoping to get out tomorrow if the weather is ok

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Decided to go for a walk instead of a bike ride today. Scenery was nice when the weather cleared :smile:
IMG_0021.JPG

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="Ian193, post: 3456281, member: 27412" I was hungry and had forgotten to fill my bottles up just over 7 miles at 13mph [/QUOTE]

Bottles, for seven miles, in this weather?

Surely not.

BigAl68

Über Member
Up until yesterday I hadn't been on the bike since 22nd December. Yesterday I manged a nice easy 35 miles and I even pushed myself out late afternoon when the monsoon rains stopped. Manged about 45 minutes until the weather got bad so stopped at the pub for a pint whilst the rain passed. Plan to get out tomorrow also and then back to 4 days a week commuting in the dark 17 miles each way. I have to say I am glad to be back out and I certainly need to shift 2 weeks of over indulgence from my waistline and kick this sloth like behaviour.

lesley_x

Über Member
I am struggling to get out. Weather not inviting and my body is not playing ball, chronic health problems flare up as soon as the ice melts :sad: This has led to me being rather grumpy and difficult to live with I must admit. I had one of my best summers ever on the bike and struggling to adjust to less miles/endorphins!

Plus I'm having problems with the fit of my TCX so I have given up riding it altogether. We went out for an 11 miler towards Falkirk and I lasted 6 before peeling off at Polmont to get the train home, so uncomfortable. Really nice scenery though!

Hoping to add a Genesis croix de fer to the stable when the TCX is sold. I am in an S-1 situation!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Just taken the lab for a nice walk round the fields. Lovely really, cold frosty and foggy. Probably a bit dicey cycling in fog like that, but I've nowhere I need to go today so it's not a problem.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I am officially pathetic. Got a cold so no ride today. It's also pretty frosty, even now, so I suspect ungritted roads aren't great.

It was pretty icy this morning in Leicester, even managed to wheel spin the ice tyres a few times. Also had a car skid coming towards me when he hit his brakes a tad hard, luckily he wasn't going very fast and he got control of the car pretty quickly.

Sharky

Guru
We must be lucky down here in Kent. A bit "fresh" and a bit misty when I started out, but stayed above freezing and no ice this morning.
Quite a pleasant morning and a good ride.

Cheers Keith

Top Bottom