Anyone Else Struggling To Get Out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rustybucket

Veteran
My late afternoon loop went through staines, it was nice and tractiony (ok, what is the opposite to "icy"). My only problem was messing up on that roundabout again, and ending up on the A30 instead of A308.

So, did you get out?

Yes made it out after lunch - was glad all the Ice had gone! just did my normal 30 mile loop - my knee isnt feeling too great so will probably take it easy in Jan!

http://www.strava.com/activities/234981937

Made it out for a bit yesterday but even less likely today, rain currently lashing against the window and looks set for most of the day.

Biscuitfrisky

Went out on Monday and got my chain wear meter in the post the next day, which tole me that my chain is royally mashed so have left it till I service the bike fully tomorrow.
Sunday will be the first ride of the new year.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Went out on Tuesday - bit chilly but by avoiding the smallest lanes and leaving circa 10am the roads were ice free , the worst we had was the odd patch of frost on shady bits., . Went out this morning too which was lovely. Both rides 40 mile ish inc a cafe stop in Tring.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
I've decided that come rain, hail or shine I am going out tomorrow and every Saturday I'm not working, I keep putting excuses in the way and become a bit on the lazy side, new year and all that!!!

Fifelad

Veteran
Glad I'm not alone reading all these stories ! when its lashing rain and gales or ice its just daft to go out and risk getting a nasty injury. I haven't even set the turbo up yet, but have been getting into doing spinning classes regularly which I find excellent for motivation and a very good work out to keep the legs moving over winter

Mild but windy yesterday - I even saw a cyclist in shorts! Colder but clear and (mostly) dry today. Not bad cycling weather. Rain forecast tomorrow. Looks like the end for my 2015 100% record.

MarkF

Guru
Can't be arsed, it's either a slate grey sky or raining...............I have my annual Xmas present, a £69 3 month gym membership, I cycle as much as I want, when tired I look out of the window at cyclists on the canal, in the rain, under a slate grey sky. ^_^

Top Bottom