Anyone Else Struggling To Get Out?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
Did a 42 mile round trip to Windsor today. Lovely sun, not too bad a wind and only a couple of ice patches out Wraysbury way. Oh, and thanks to those who asked if I was Ok when I got a front puncture and :tongue: to the TDF wannabe in a group round Laleham Park who was very rude - I presume he objected to having to overtake me, probably a BMW commuter normally ^_^

gavintc

Guru
I have had a poor December. But, we visited friends in southern France over Christmas and I managed to get 5 rides in over the week we were there. Today, I did 45 mins on the turbo. i should have done more, but got a tad bored.

BrynCP

Über Member
Well I got out and did 18.6 miles on my hybrid. Skidded on one patch of black ice, funnily enough on the tiny bit of bike path I use around a busy roundabout.

The hybrid is so much hard work compared to my road bike; I have no idea how I managed 50 miles, perhaps just a case of I didn't miss what I didn't have - as soon as I face the wind I just want to get into the drops:laugh:

The positive is that as the hybrid is now my 2nd bike, which has actually been stood for 6 months with no usage, I am not afraid to try and fix things, and I now have all 21 gear combinations working smoothly - it's better than the day it came home from the LBS.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My cat likes those too :biggrin:
Trouble is swmbo has been buying em for a couple of months , the new me ..........
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwjDe7tAzJm3tbnvhq-8KxH2ObOsYTrCj48Un6eEOG5OTS7IetfQ.jpg

Not been out since Christmas day, but tomorrow looks promising. Ditched our usual Tuesday ride as there was ice about. I'm too old to fall off bikes and bounce.

Sara_H

Guru
It's been too icy here in Sheffield for me to ride.
I've got studded tyres, but I still don't really want to risk it.
Can't wait for it all to thaw, hate the stuff.

Top Bottom