Anyone Following The Sky Dive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herr-B

Missed the ascent but was in time for the pre-jump process and the actual jump. Great stuff, almost 10 times higher than I've jumped -I'm uber jealous. :becool:

Pottsy

It was a bit heart stopping when he started spinning when free falling. I was fearing the worst at that point.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
yeah cheers CP
Had the link on the comp and was also flicking between the BBC news channel and CNN.

When he dropped away from the capsule... well that was heart stopping.

Did any of the other two sources (CNN or online) have a guess what the top speed was (I only watched BBC News)? I didn't find much of the BBC commentary very useful to be polite. The graphic from bullstratos seemed to indicate it might have been about 750mph.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
It was awesome, glad I remembered to watch it. I loved the shot of him stepping off the capsule with earth in the background and falling so fast. Amazing.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Looked good - I've been half watching whilst broadcasting my radio show. There's been a live commentary to go with it across the airwaves. Didn't clear that with the producer though ... :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
My folks couldn't have cared less. Then again, this is my Dad who missed Neil Armstrong stepping on the moon as he 'wasn't feeling well' and went to bed instead, therefore only missing one of THE defining moments in human history ever. The idiot.

I hope for the day when I finally am confirmed to have been adopted.... :rolleyes:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Missed the ascent but was in time for the pre-jump process and the actual jump. Great stuff, almost 10 times higher than I've jumped -I'm uber jealous. :becool:
I was telling Mrs CP that when he was ascending through 45,000 feet he wasn't even halfway to his jump height, yet he was already about 3 times higher than I have ever jumped from. (my highest was 16,000 feet)

Top Bottom