Anyone Following The Sky Dive?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Makes me wonder what the fuss was about getting him in a pressure suit, only to get 4:15 seconds in freefall.

In the film 'Point Break' they got 4 minutes freefall........(sic)

Having just seen the 'highlights' on the BBC net site, I can't begin to imagine how he felt in the minutes building up to him leaving the 'safety' of his little 'hut', and, even worse, the seconds immediately prior to him leaning forward and dropping to earth. :eek:

And what a landing, too, having not used his legs properly for a good few hours!

defy-one

It was amazing. Really blew my mind when he opened the capsule door,edged out,gave a little salute and leaned out ..... Beats the big dipper at Blackpool don't it? :becool:

postman

Legendary Member
Superb and brave and all other words i cannot think of,but as good as it was,he is not as brave as me.
I once said no to my Mother in law,now that is brave.

asterix

Comrade Member
We are short of proper boyhood heroes these days. Let's hope small lads are jumping off walls all round the world tomorrow pretending they are Felix.

Been there, done that, broke my arm.:cry:

Reactions: TVC

subaqua

What’s the point
best tweet on the jump was from somebody commenting on the outside temp. "Its cold enough outside the capsule to make a geordie wear long sleeves" still can't get over it. absolutely bonkers

Arch

Married to Night Train
best tweet on the jump was from somebody commenting on the outside temp. "Its cold enough outside the capsule to make a geordie wear long sleeves" still can't get over it. absolutely bonkers

I was surprised that the temp outside when he jumped was actually 'only' -6 C. Yeah, you'd want a coat on, but it's not 'freeze solid instantanteously' cold.

Of course the almost total lack of any atmospheric pressure is the danger, rather than the cold.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was surprised that the temp outside when he jumped was actually 'only' -6 C. Yeah, you'd want a coat on, but it's not 'freeze solid instantanteously' cold.

Of course the almost total lack of any atmospheric pressure is the danger, rather than the cold.
If you'd watched more of the ascent, you'd have seen the temperature dropping to -60ish and then start rising again! The commentator made reference to it. It surprised me - I thought it would just get colder and colder, the higher the balloon went.

This article explains the phenomenon.

Top Bottom