Anyone get owt from Aldi's cycling special?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Do a google image search on john major underpants. Steve bell.

:laugh:, well, not quite, the shorts I wear over the tights are mtb shorts, the underpants go under the tights.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Are the neoprene gloves any good? Saw them, but thought “that looks sweaty..."

They use the same material for the suits scuba divers wear. They arent very breathable and arent very warm. but your sweat acts as another insulating layer.

Fairly rain proof though you might find water coming in from the seams in heavier downpours or extended periods out in the rain.

I have had ones made by castelli for years and years and the ones in aldi are exactly the same if not for some minor cosmetics such as colour or 'rubber padding' for grip.

Personally for me they leave me with clammy palms and they will begin to pong after a few rides so airing them out or letting them dry properly is important -- All depends on how sweaty you get.

very comfortable gloves though. plenty of cushion while youre gripping the bars and the hoods.

I got the black/grey jersey.

It fits and I can ride my bike wearing it.

What else can you expect for £9.99?

I'll be wearing it tomorrow's ride with my new Rapha shorts (a present, not a purchase. I'm not made of money).

si_c

Guru
Got some of the cleaning stuff - running low and it was priced OK so grabbed some. I was thinking of grabbing another set of lights but gave it a miss this time around.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Was tempted by some of the clothing but never got off my arse to go and take a look; especially dubious given the current situation and potential for people to have been handling stuff etc.

I suspect I've missed the boat now but might take a look later if I'm in town on the bike. Am always a bit dubious of Aldi stuff - usually robust enough and good value, but maybe not cheap enough to warrant the saving against superior, more expensive alternatives..

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
You can tell a lot about a cycling forum by their reviews of cheap stuff from Aldi.
If you have to ask ...

31305200.jpg

C R

Guru
The bins were still pretty full this lunchtime. The tights look ok, but sizing starts at 33 waist, and I am a 32, so pass, the gloves felt a bit too pasticcy, plus I saw people trying them on, so pass as well. I got the brush set and the muc off stuff, though.

Top Bottom