Anyone get owt from Aldi's cycling special?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big John

Guru
Got four cans of GT85. Looked at the neoprene gloves but couldn't make my mind up but now may go back and get some if they're still there!

4 cans of GT85 and looked at the light waterproof jackets but no XL

Mike_P

Guru
Local store reopened this morning with the full range, picked up a baselayer and what actually is a rucksack that can be made into a dual pannier, as well as spending too long walking up and down aisles trying to work out where they had put non special buy items, thankfully pretty empty at the time.

simongt

Guru
Aldi bike stuff is generally pretty good. The only thing the GLW and I won't buy is their lamps, especially the wee flashing ones, simply 'cos they don't tend to last very long. :dry:

Adam4868

Guru
Two cans of GT85,Set of lights as lost my last one.I don't see how we can complain as 3 year guarantee.My last ones are at least 3 year's old.
Oh and two bottles of red wine..

Big John

Guru
Finally bit the bullet and parted with a tenner for the neoprene gloves and wore them on a ride this morning. Felt warm and comfy. Ok, we need the temperature to drop a few degrees and the rain to be heavier but so far so good.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The neoprene gloves I would keep for the wet weather. They certainly keep your hands warm. I’ve got craft gloves for dry cold days. They were a cracking buy at the time. Have never fell to bits at the stitching like lots of gloves do .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
The neoprene gloves I would keep for the wet weather. They certainly keep your hands warm. I’ve got craft gloves for dry cold days. They were a cracking buy at the time. Have never fell to bits at the stitching like lots of gloves do .
Just to add the craft gloves are still going strong :laugh: . Can’t say the same for the Aldi neoprene ones. Split , pulling them off yesterday. Only a tenner I suppose but I think that’s confirmed what I thought would happen with them. Gonna look for another pair of craft gloves for spares.

Adam4868

Guru
Just to add the craft gloves are still going strong :laugh: . Can’t say the same for the Aldi neoprene ones. Split , pulling them off yesterday. Only a tenner I suppose but I think that’s confirmed what I thought would happen with them. Gonna look for another pair of craft gloves for spares.
To be fair to Aldi there good at customer service.Take them back and swap them or get refund ? I got some of the rechargable lights which seem ok.Dont know where my last set went but had them a good few years.

If you're after neoprene stuff might be an idea looking at

https://www.lomo.co.uk/

Seacayaking, diving etc a bit tougher than your average bikeride.

I have bought various bits for cyclecamping from them, including a great pair of neoprene camp shoes originally designed for oceangoing folks.

good reliable supplier.

Top Bottom