Anyone had this one offered to them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sorry, can't stop, your blood would upset my kids, we're late for school
"Taron Stead, a 17-year-old from Sheffield, in South Yorkshire, England, had just bought a new mountain bike. He went for a maiden ride to test it out, but unfortunately was hit by a car in the early morning rush hour. So far, so sadly banal. Accidents happen. But what happened next makes my blood boil: The silver-colored Ford (either a Focus or a Mondeo) that hit Taron stopped, a woman who was sitting in the passenger seat got out (the driver was male), told the bloodied teen that she had kids in the car, that they were late for school, and that she didn't want his blood to upset them. Then she got back in the car and they left. They didn't even ask if he was okay or left their information.

You can see a photo of poor Taron here. Warning, it's a bit graphic (blood and bruises).

Taron’s mom, Naomi Pickard, 45, who released a photo of Taron's injuries, had this to say about the incident: “I can’t believe anyone would leave an injured child at the side of the road after a crash, but it was rush hour and it would have been busy so I am hoping that witnesses come forward and help the police trace the driver. I hope the driver and his passenger who drove off see Taron’s injuries and think about their actions. Fortunately he was wearing a helmet, or I dread to think what might have happened.”

There are CCTV cameras in the area, so hopefully the police can find the car and get a license plate number.

Who in their right mind doesn't realize that when they hit someone and injure them, it's a big deal and they have to stick around..?"

Excuse is a first for me.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Given the location of his injuries, the helmet would have made sod-all difference.

jhawk

Veteran
What is this world coming to.... The kids will see blood more than once in their lives. Maybe just tell them to close their eyes or something? Whatever happened to helping out your fellow human being because it is the right thing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keith Oates

Janner
Yes you are correct. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom