anyone know this cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dan B

Disengaged member
that's right - keep the kids locked up indoors.
That might be the best idea. Keep them inside until they're old enough to drive cars, then they can learn road sense in a safe environment with roll cages and seatbelts and airbags etc

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
"'I thought she was dead. There was blood coming from everywhere. She was hysterical, screaming at the top of her lungs"
I'm no expert, but dead kids don't usually scream...do they?
This was the reason the ambulance men refused to remove my wife's crash helmet when she threw her ZZR600 down the road at 70, she was screaming 'I can't breathe' and they were replying 'pretty sure you're managing it' or words to that effect...

They shouldn't have to be aware of dangers on the pavement, but you, the adult responsible for them, should, especially given that a lot of pavements are right next to roads. It is not unheard of for drivers to lose control of their cars and mount the pavement, so don't be lulled into a false sense of security just because it is supposed to be for pedestrians only.

You mean responsible like the mother of the 4 year old playing 'swings on the chain between the bollards by the traffic lights on Trafalgar Rd this lunchtime while she stood a couple of metres away and the traffic thundered past?

Nobody got hurt, so it was all good.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
The mum said:
'I thought she was dead. There was blood coming from everywhere. She was hysterical, screaming at the top of her lungs"

Which you could have interpreted as: "I thought my child was dying before my eyes..."

Instead, you chose to make a snide joke

"I'm no expert, but dead kids don't usually scream...do they?"

As I said, stupid and fatuous

To be honest the Daily Mail report is stupid and fatuous

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The article still claims it was a hit-and-run when it's clear it wasn't. It's despicable click-bait designed to inflame morons.
On that we can agree.

But "Daily Mail eggs on morons" is rather "dog bites man" isn't it.

Eight people have been hurt on that road, two of them cyclists. It's a rat run with on-street parking and a 30 limit. Victims considered unworthy garner no headlines.

Joffey

Big Dosser
When I saw the video I thought why are the parents allowing their child to run out onto the pavement next to a road. I think they are not blameless in this.

The cyclist is an idiot mind. No need to be on the pavement, he should be prosecuted.

The article still claims it was a hit-and-run when it's clear it wasn't. It's despicable click-bait designed to inflame morons.

I'm not so sure. I dislike the Daily Mail just as much if not more than most, but I don't think we can make that call based on the evidence we have.

We have on side (family) saying he rode off afterwards.

We have the cyclist saying he 'hung around', apologised, and was picked up by his Dad.

And that's about it. We also have a photo taken by the mother of him on his bike, looking backwards over his shoulder which gives the impression he may have been riding off, but could just as easily have been taken a good ten minutes later, so doesn't prove a lot.

With what we've got, I'm not overly willing to give him the immediate benefit of the doubt...

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
What we can be certain of is the Daily Mail would have paid the family for their story and they would've been paraphrased for by the journalist for "narrative impact"

cd365

Guru
When I saw the video I thought why are the parents allowing their child to run out onto the pavement next to a road. I think they are not blameless in this.

The cyclist is an idiot mind. No need to be on the pavement, he should be prosecuted.
Blaming the parents for someone running their child over whilst illegally riding on the pavement. Quality.

Top Bottom