Anyone remember 'V'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Got the DVD box set of the originals. Slightly 'dated' but still as enjoyable as 25 years ago.

v1.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
gaz said:
Been watching it, something like 6 episodes in. It's not too shabby but haven't seen the old one.
No Stargate Universe though.

I'm 3 episodes in (download) and am quite liking it so far, but haven't seen the original.

Stargate Universe took a while to get going but has really picked up after the long break.

ASC1951

Guru
Plax said:
The remakes are always rubbish as nothing compares to the version of the original childhood memory.
Just as long as they don't show Blake's Seven again. Sets from the same designer as Crossroads and scripts that made Dr Who look like Shakespeare. When British TV SciFi was bad, it was really bad.

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I loved the original, shame they didn't replicate the "croaky" voices from the original and the shades. Made it a lot better. Also no Michael Ironside this time, bummer or what.

Dont you run out of ways to save a planet?

I got a bit bored with Star Trek way back in 1972 when they ran out of ideas and were attacked by some pancakes.

Red Dwarf as a send up is made so much better than the real programs!

Even the flagship Dr Who ends up in a gravel pit in Dorset. All a bit of a yawn.

Shaun

Founder
As soon as I saw "V" in the thread title I was immediately transported back to the scene where they first eat a mouse (or rat or hamster or other furry little animal - my memory isn't all that good!). :biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Admin said:
As soon as I saw "V" in the thread title I was immediately transported back to the scene where they first eat a mouse (or rat or hamster or other furry little animal - my memory isn't all that good!). :biggrin:

...and I knew it was useless to hope it was a thread about this.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Anyone still watching? It's OK nothing more,was hoping it would fill the void once 'Lost' finishes in a few weeks but it's not a patch on it.
Will have to start watching 24,and Heroes now,have been recording them.
Also been given the first series of the sopranos as I've never seen it.

rh100

Have been recording it and watching when I get chance, not fully up to date yet. But I quite like it so far, the effects are pretty good, the story line is maybe a touch slow but will give it a chance.

Both Heroes and 24 were ok for the first series, got bored after that but they must be popular.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
rh100 said:
Have been recording it and watching when I get chance, not fully up to date yet. But I quite like it so far, the effects are pretty good, the story line is maybe a touch slow but will give it a chance.

Both Heroes and 24 were ok for the first series, got bored after that but they must be popular.
I was late getting into 24 but really like it,Heroes I agree 1st series great after that quite poor which is probably why I still haven't started watching this series yet.
Watching ep2 of the prisoner as i never saw the original,can't see much to keep my interest tbh.

Top Bottom