Anyone seen "The Meg"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Blitz was excellent, a fine - and very violent - thriller. Worth watching alone for the bit where he catches 3 ne'er do wells trying to steal is car. Hummingbird, not bad, an intruiging plot. The rest of the Stafes work is just him grunting a lot.

He's hilarious in Spy. Basically spends the whole film ripping the pish out of himself.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Although The Rock dismantled him in short order in Vastly Furious XVXVIIXVM.
Really? I thought that after much flexing, grunting, punches with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer on sheet steel, surviving explosions and dodging machine gun fire it was declared and honourable draw. Wasn't it the greatest actor of our generation Vin Diesel that took him down in the end?

Drago

Legendary Member
Really? I thought that after much flexing, grunting, punches with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer on sheet steel, surviving explosions and dodging machine gun fire it was declared and honourable draw. Wasn't it the greatest actor of our generation Vin Diesel that took him down in the end?

That's an unfair comparison. Vin Diesel is a Shakespearean trained thespian. As good as The Rock is he can't aspire to Shakespearean levels of grunting and flexing.

potsy

Rambler
Please realise that I'm not trolling or trying to offend, just my opinion s.

I watched the trailer and thought omg what a load of trash, how did they get jason Stalham in this? Maybe it's his old diving skills they wanted... Oh well, if Samuel l Jackson did that terrible snakes on planes then maybe we can forgive this...

The trailer makes me think it's rose than if someone had just told me about the film...

I haven't seen it so it's just based on the trailer..

Er, have you seen Statham's filmography?! I like him, but nuance and depth really isn't his thing, he's perfect for this film.

One of the finest actors we have produced in many a year, does look way too classy for this tripe!! :tongue:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
That's an unfair comparison. Vin Diesel is a Shakespearean trained thespian. As good as The Rock is he can't aspire to Shakespearean levels of grunting and flexing.
I can't disagree with that, Diesel is the grunt that other grunts aspire to be. His greatest performance as far as I'm concerned, one which stretched his abilities almost to breaking point was Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. You really got to see the full breadth and depth of his acting prowess.

Drago

Legendary Member
I rather though his grunting and unfeasibly deep voiced monosyllabic mutterings in Pitch Black were beyond compare. Even Schwarzenneger would struggle top top that.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yYtI9NtWOkg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Apparently, that girl washed up on the beach had dandruff....

Well, they said they found her head & shoulders ^_^

This joke was first broadcast in 1975

Top Bottom