Anyone seen "The Meg"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I saw it last week, enjoyable fluff with JS playing his standard 'English bloke from London'. Some daft plot holes, but fun movie nonetheless.

See my post here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/what-film-did-you-watch-last-night.110206/page-584

I must admit, a great actor Statham is not. But most of his films are enjoyable, and that film spy - I thought I was gonna hate it, but it was OK, maybe even good and Statham was great, I actually laughed out loud!

Now I come to think of it, maybe he had already had his snakes on a plane moment with those crank films...

Meg still looks worse though.

I wonder if we will ever see him in a film simply named JS, like the mussels from Brussels guy had jcvd.

Haha, now I read that, I wonder if he did have VD?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I'm more than happy to avoid worthy and thought provoking for a couple of hours worth of explosions.

Life is too short to watch shite films.

The Meg is just pandering to the post ironic, so bad it’s good, knobbers.

If you want to watch a shark film watch Jaws. It is a masterpiece. Then maybe at a push watch Jaws 2. Defo do not watch Jaws 3 or 4.

Tin Pot

Guru
I was going to post similar but you got there first. Stathams career bulges with utterly atrocious crap, in fact, I'm struggling to think of anything he's done that isn't. But that's not a criticism, I'm more than happy to avoid worthy and thought provoking for a couple of hours worth of explosions.

Snatch
Crank
Crank 2
The Transporter (only the first one)
Revolver

The rest, well yes, dross.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Snatch
Crank
Crank 2
The Transporter (only the first one)
Revolver

The rest, well yes, dross.
They're terrible (actually Snatch is rather good but it's not really the typical Statham vehicle) and Statham is an appalling actor, simply dire, but that's not to say they're not entertaining.

Tin Pot

Guru
Sounds like it may be a good movie. It's not often I think about going to the movies but I may for this one. If you seen it then what do you think of it?

So I’m looking to take my son to the movies for his birthday.

Jurassic World was so so. MI Fallout was amazing.

Is the Meg going to entertain him?

Drago

Legendary Member
Now, I've a bit of a problem with the Jurassic films. They're like half a dozen films in, and each one involves major woe.

People, take of from me - the dinosaurs WILL escape and they WILL eat people, so no need to pretend to be surprised when that happens and some handsome passing hero saves the children lost in the park and defeats the biggest carnivore. Oh, and the raptors WILL cause you major headaches.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Now, I've a bit of a problem with the Jurassic films. They're like half a dozen films in, and each one involves major woe.
It amazes me that the park keeps being granted a renewed health and safety certificate. Someone at the local authority isn’t doing their job.

Top Bottom