Are Cars Getting Smaller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tfg71

I loved my real mini, great wee car. If I was to buy another it would be slightly different and from zcars Would loose the back seats though

Drago

Legendary Member
At risk of being controversial, I was never a Mini fan. They never made a profit, and had the seams on the outside.

On the plus side they weren't commissioned by Hitler or built by a company founded by the Nazi party.

tyred

Legendary Member
The original Mini was fun to drive but only for a few miles at a time.

Nobody did cheap tin boxes like the French. Everyone will day 2CV but I'd like a Renault 4.

And for the people who like to bleat on about fuel efficiency of new cars - a 1990s Citreon AX diesel could do 75+ MPG. Just don't crash it into anything more substantial than a shoebox.

screenman

Legendary Member
My most used tool on the 10 cars I worked on today,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSnBllzt5gJRWlMI5YTKPGlWQA90QHRxCNhD1cRyL4hLhVx6fd1.jpg

You would be suprised how many sips there are on some doors, back in the old days it would have been a 10mm or wider tool.

OP
OP
Alex H

Alex H

Legendary Member
My most used tool on the 10 cars I worked on today,

View attachment 342915

You would be suprised how many sips there are on some doors, back in the old days it would have been a 10mm or wider tool.

sips? :unsure:

mick1836

Über Member
When we moved to France in 2010, we brought with us a LHD Ford Focus Estate, 2006 version. It's been a good car for us and suits me well, even though I have to put the seat right back to drive (I'm 6'2" or 189cm :rolleyes:)

Now we have made the decision to return to the UK, I thought we should perhaps get the updated version of the same car. (The Pino will actually fit inside the car without splitting). However, after a trip to the local dealer, I find I can't drive the new version as I don't fit. Despite putting the seat down and back, the steering wheel is about 1cm away from my legs, whereas in the old car it's about 5cm. I know there is a version where you can adjust the steering wheel as well, but I suspect this is not available or all models (unless someone knows different)

The roof line is also lower as we found out when parked next to a new one in the supermarket car park yesterday.

After the Ford experience we decided to try Toyota (I have had Avensiss / Avensi? in the past). The Avensis seems to be the same size, and the estate version is huge, but I can't get in an Auris. The Verso is fine, but it's a van with windows.

Anyone had similar experiences?

I would have said the opposite take for example the Fiat 500
3297517621_f81a599dc3_b.jpg
and Mini?
E0nYbaA.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom