Are Fixed Wheel Bikes Faster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Oh, I agree, I was just interested in what the attitudes to that kind of holier-than-thou tendency were. It's quite common over here in North America, though not so much in Canada in particular, which doesn't seem to have bee affected by the trend toward single-speed riding.

colinr

A couple of kids turned to one of our evening rides, both on fixed with no lights, no brakes and no foot retention. Fashion is a bitch.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
The fixed "scene" has a lot of quirks it would seem. Riding brakeless is one of the silliest of these quirks.

Brakeless bikes belong on the track. I rode my fixed without brakes for a while, it was idiotic. Thus as an idiot, I'm probly not qualified to say this but, you are irresponsible if you ride brakeless on the roads. Many people say riding brakeless gives you a better connection with the bike and improves you handling and perceptive abilities, it probly does, but if you really desire this sort of development, ride the track in a group, that should provide very well for increasing your cycling skills.

At least most of these people riding brakeless, skidding every 10 metres, run silly gear ratio's such that they can barely get over 12mph.

Top Bottom