Are gel seat covers any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greeny1210

Regular
Hi Sheffgirl
Fellow Sheffielder here :smile: and just bought same bike rockrider 5.2 from decathlon yesterday, managed 2 4 mile trips (with great difficulty at times, as I have not even got on a bike since I was 15/16)
The seat is terrible, very uncomfy and my ass is killiing now, I have asked around and ordered a charge spoon saddle so I am hoping this will make a big difference, as at moment its making the rides pretty rough, was told not to bother with gel seats

My next problem is how to replace the seat, I can't even figure out how to take off this one, or adjust it backwards or forwards to see if that helps.

I am avoiding as many hills as I can at moment to try and avoid a heart attack :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
My next problem is how to replace the seat, I can't even figure out how to take off this one, or adjust it backwards or forwards to see if that helps.
Spanner or allen key, fittings at the side or under the seat :thumbsup:[/quote]

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi Sheffgirl

The seat is terrible, very uncomfy and my ass is killiing now, I :laugh:

Padded shorts...

As Pat says for changing the saddle - allen bolt underneath - even I can change a saddle! This will also loosen the rails if you want to move the sadle back and forth

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I use a dense, possibly memory, foam cover on the Brommie.

Does the job well, although I wonder how hard wearing the outer cover will be.

Greeny1210

Regular
Tried the allen key but the thing will not shift, seems stuck tight and don't want to break it.

Got my charger spoon seat, and going to get some padded shorts in a bit so hopefully they will help

cheers guys

Greeny1210

Regular
sorted it cheers guys, needed a hell of a lot of force, just didn't want to snap owt

OP
OP
sheffgirl

sheffgirl

Have any other ladies tried the 'female specific' saddles with the hole cut out? I've seen them and they seem like a good idea, since it is the narrow end of the saddle which seems to be the issue for me.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Haven't tried the cut out saddle you mention.
I'm using Aldi's on 2 of my bikes :laugh: very comfy, 50 plus miles no probs at all - I don't wear padded gear btw

Top Bottom