Are PC World going soft ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin:
(there was a post about someone taking a pc (i assume) back to PC World, and all the woes and aggro that will usually bring)

Doesnt always end in tears.
30 days ago i brought an Acer Aspire 5536 laptop for the wife. £479, assistant said it had bluetooth...which it transpires it hasnt :blush:. All appeared well otherwise, then started getting problems with the keyboard. Back to factory setting 3 times, search the web for answers...no answers, just lots of people with keyboard problems with Acers.

Bugger it, its going back, then realise its just out of its 28 day return period.

Took it back tonight, explained nicely to the guy what was happening...no problem he said...want to exchange it ? :ohmy:

I felt quite dissapointed :biggrin:

Now shes got a Dell Studio...bit more (quite a bit more :smile:) expensive.

Are they going soft ?

Garz

Squat Member
No, probably saving some timewasting as they are so used to returning angry customers. Cant grumble, except most brits will as they love grumbling! :blush:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Downward said:
I thought there had been a recall on some Acer laptop models Maybe PC world had a get out clause through this.

I did wonder this ?.
Reading the net, there's quite a few problems Acer seem to have with the keys....perhaps PC World already were aware / fed up with dealing with it / already have something arranged with Acer...who knows. They didnt even put up a fight :blush:

buddha

Veteran
gbb said:
Now shes got a Dell Studio...bit more (quite a bit more :blush:) expensive.
Just wait;). In 6 months mine's had 2 AC adapter, 3 motheroard+cpu+heatsink, palm rest, screen bezel, graphics chip changes! Though the support is quite good. Just bad design.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
buddha said:
Just wait;). In 6 months mine's had 2 AC adapter, 3 motheroard+cpu+heatsink, palm rest, screen bezel, graphics chip changes! Though the support is quite good. Just bad design.

Out of the frying pan then...:bravo:

Top Bottom