are these boardman shoes and pedals compatible?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are these boardman shoes Link compatible with these pedals link ?

for the shoes the page says 'Compatible with both 3 bolt and 2 bolt SPD cleat systems, the Boardman Road Cycle shoe will fit almost all pedal types' and the pedals page states "Compatibility : Keo" I thought they would not be compatible due to the shoes being SPD and the pedals being keo but confused as one person in the reviews said they used them together?

Thanks all!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Yes, the pedals will come with cleats anyway (Look Keo) which are 3 bolt fixing

vickster

Legendary Member
Are they for commuting? Will you have to walk much off the bike or stop start?
If so, 2 bolt SPDs with the cleat recessed in the shoe might be better (less slippery and clears last longer)

T4tomo

Guru
Are these boardman shoes Link compatible with these pedals link ?

for the shoes the page says 'Compatible with both 3 bolt and 2 bolt SPD cleat systems, the Boardman Road Cycle shoe will fit almost all pedal types' and the pedals page states "Compatibility : Keo" I thought they would not be compatible due to the shoes being SPD and the pedals being keo but confused as one person in the reviews said they used them together?

Thanks all!
that's a cracking price for keo compatible pedals & cleats - I might join you...

the shoes you linked can accept both 3 bolt (Keo and SPD-SL etc) and 2 bolt (SPD) cleats - look at the picture of the sole.
Although with these shoes they are not recessed if using 2 bolt SPD cleats - which spd's shoes normally are - hence aunty vickster's comment above re being able to walk off the bike better.

with Keo cleats you don't want to be walking around much at all. SPD cleats recessed into the shoe are fine for wandering around in. i use both systems across my menagerie of bikes, posh road bike has Keos, gravel bike & MTB has SPD's,

OP
OP
W

weebeansysbro

Regular
Are they for commuting? Will you have to walk much off the bike or stop start?
If so, 2 bolt SPDs with the cleat recessed in the shoe might be better (less slippery and clears last longer)

Might be using them for that but can get rubber cleat covers to protect if i'm walking around :smile:

vickster

Legendary Member
Will still need to walk like a duck as the cleat stands proud of sole

Top Bottom