Are these close passes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Definitely, drivers are tadgers. :evil:

With commercial vehicles I always go straight to the company. I had one instance where the company told me that none of their vehicles were on the particular stretch of road but they would check up. They came back to me and told me the driver had been sacked because he hadn't been where he should have been.

Drago

Legendary Member
West Mids Police. The UKs second largest force in terms of staff numbers so one would hope their website would have a reporting function.

If you were doing 10mph or more, they're committing an offence by overtaking on a solid white line.

Slick

Guru
With commercial vehicles I always go straight to the company. I had one instance where the company told me that none of their vehicles were on the particular stretch of road but they would check up. They came back to me and told me the driver had been sacked because he hadn't been where he should have been.
For me that's the problem. If they are concerned about thing like that they should pay to track their vehicles and inform the driver. The point of these clips should be education not to facilitate drivers losing their job for an unrelated matter. I did send a clip of a close pass to a company whose trucks were more interested in maintaining the convoy than my safety. I added that next time a copy would go to the traffic commissioner and I received an apology and I've never had an issue since.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I think the commercial vehicle is a one man band.
I am sure I read recently that only 2 police forces in england have video uploading facilities (and west mids isn't one of them). So I am going to have to do it long hand ! - I am going to print out the stills - put the dvd 5 min clips on Dvd and send it recorded delivery to west mids police - and would like to know what action they take (I wan't a warning for the drivers at least) - If they don't do that I will go to the local press.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
In North Wales we have recently introduced the " Operation Snap " Facility which provides the facility to upload video footage too the Local police website.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I am sure I read recently that only 2 police forces in england have video uploading facilities (and west mids isn't one of them).
Whatever you read is wrong. First three search results for "police dashboard camera report": https://www.norfolk.police.uk/contact-us/report-something/dashboard-camera-report-form https://www.suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/report-something/dashboard-camera-report-form (same system, different force), https://www.cheshire.police.uk/advice-and-support/roads-and-vehicle-safety/submit-dashcam-footage

I've just captured two incidents on handlebar camera this weekend (years of almost nothing while using a camera, then two in two days!) and reported them to Norfolk Constabulary's equivalent of Operation Snap. There was a fairly swift reply to ask for the footage and statements, but it took a bit over 3 hours to upload 5 minutes video.

Then today, with both my main card and my spare being stored as evidence, I suffered a less common left hook while pulling out of a T-junction (no collision mainly because I didn't trust the motorist not indicating), plus I witnessed a speedy pavement motorist from about 5m away, but I had no camera running because I'd no compatible cards left! I've caught pavement motorists on camera before, but not from close enough to get a clear number plate image - I would have reported that one because I think pavement motoring is a huge problem here, with loads of tyre tracks along the pavements. If you've got a camera, get three cards - bad luck comes in threes!

All this after it being maybe 8 years of intermittent camera use since the last incident I reported... but four in three days! :cursing:

Top Bottom