Are these wheels fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm reading up on wheels and I want to know if this means they are fast or just cool.

The super-new XXXX wheels incorporate all the innovations of recent years, consolidated in a product without paragon in terms of performance, strength, life and reliability.
The light alloy rims come from selected extrusions and are CNC-machined to optomize the mechanical specifications, they are welded rims with a ground braking surface and the spaces between the spokes are lightened by toroidal grinding.
The rim is dynamically balanced; in other words the imbalance of the mass as a result of the non-equivalence of weight between joint and valve is compensated by the extension of the toroidal grinding.
The top bridge of the rim is not drilled in the traditional way to fit the nipples, so that the use of rim-tape is pointless and the system is lightened further as a result.

I am worried that they will not complement my riding style. I ride aggressively and don't have time to dodge potholes. I need wheels that roll fast, are super-responsive and attract the opposite sex. Will these do the job?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Depends what colour the hubs are?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I'm reading up on wheels and I want to know if this means they are fast or just cool.

The super-new XXXX wheels incorporate all the innovations of recent years, consolidated in a product without paragon in terms of performance, strength, life and reliability.
The light alloy rims come from selected extrusions and are CNC-machined to optomize the mechanical specifications, they are welded rims with a ground braking surface and the spaces between the spokes are lightened by toroidal grinding.
The rim is dynamically balanced; in other words the imbalance of the mass as a result of the non-equivalence of weight between joint and valve is compensated by the extension of the toroidal grinding.
The top bridge of the rim is not drilled in the traditional way to fit the nipples, so that the use of rim-tape is pointless and the system is lightened further as a result.

I am worried that they will not complement my riding style. I ride aggressively and don't have time to dodge potholes. I need wheels that roll fast, are super-responsive and attract the opposite sex. Will these do the job?
They may attract the same sex! :smile:

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Surely once you've fitted an inner tube with a valve the area with the hole for aforementioned valve is heavier therefore unbalancing the wheel.
They have thought of that and have optimised the balanced toroidal griding for 43.5mm brass valves.

Hey, marketing staff gotta make a living too ya know. If lay men knew you could DIY a strong and reliable wheelset for less than £100, how would all these companies justify their >£300 factory built, (soon to be Pringle shaped) 24 spoke setups?

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Hey, marketing staff gotta make a living too ya know. If lay men knew you could DIY a strong and reliable wheelset for less than £100, how would all these companies justify their >£300 factory built, (soon to be Pringle shaped) 24 spoke setups?
You haven't answered the question, but I see you don't have all the info.
The rear wheel has 21 spokes and the front, 16.

Seriously, 16 spokes? They must have forgotten to mention that they were bringing savings to the consumer by cutting back on superfluous material costs. Who needs spokes anyway.

Top Bottom