Are these wheels fast?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Are "ground braking surfaces" ground breaking technology?

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Gold being particularly malleable, probably smooths out the ride.

This makes a lot of sense. In the non-gold version of the wheel the description differs:

Both rims have a top bridge that is free of holes. This means the weight saving because rim tape does not need to be fitted and gives the wheel greater torsional stiffness and vertical elasticity.

We all know that gold has poor torsional stiffness and vertical elasticity. That's why it is not used in car drive shafts and springs. Everyone knows that.

In the gold wheel version there is no mention of torsional stiffness and vertical elasticity, which makes sense. The gold version only claims that: that rim tape is pointless and weight saving is a result.

I wish they made science as easy as this when I was at school.

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Seriously, 16 spokes? They must have forgotten to mention that they were bringing savings to the consumer by cutting back on superfluous material costs. Who needs spokes anyway.

You are obviously ignorant on these matters. It says clearly in the brochure that this wheel "is the synthesis of fifteen years of evolution of high-performance wheels for racing bikes" and that "they arrive at the starting line as indisputable competition stars."

How else do you explain that less spokes cost more?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

The top bridge of the rim is not drilled in the traditional way to fit the nipples, so that the use of rim-tape is pointless and the system is lightened further as a result.
Clearly, saving the incredibly burdensome weight of rim tape is A Very Good Thing, but to do so by neglecting to drill away the incredibly burdensome weight of the metal for nipple holes in the top bridge of the rim is A Very BAD Thing!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Damn! :laugh:

OP
OP
Yellow Saddle
Does the material not removed from the top bridge weigh more , or less, than rim tape?

Did I forget to mention that "rim lightness has been obtained thanks to design sophistication as well as to the use of special low-weight materials with extremely high mechanical specifications"?

This clearly means that small dots of rim material is lighter than rim tape.

I also forgot to mention the "monolithic light-alloy freewheel body with lighter counternuts." Sorry.

Top Bottom