Are we being forced to go electric?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Zap Map will find charging places for you. People also rent out their drives as parking spaces - it's similar to that.
I can't see any electricity company having an issue with you selling a few Kw on.

Wasn't arguing I was asking as it's not something I'd heard of, I wonder if it's an option, I have a drive I could put a charge point on, (but which one) then add myself to the App I presume.

D

Deleted member 26715

Tell me the general location and I will find a charger:okay:

But then how does he get from the charger to the home?

vickster

Legendary Member
Why affordable, using superchargers has now reached the pricing of petrol. Charging at home on low tariffs is where EVs crush petrol cars for cost.

Because EVs cost much more in the first place and for many who don’t have 50-100k sat in the bank requires a lease, finance package or loan with significant monthly repayment
(There’s no affordable used, let’s say sub 10k, market currently. The most I have ever spent on a car is 12k and don’t intend to ever spend much more).

Clearly not a concern for you as you’re evidently wealthy but it is for the majority

Does a supercharger complete from empty in less than 10 minutes like a petrol pump out of interest?

D

Deleted member 26715

Looks like somebody has stole your idea 57 Colsterdale is a private house, I wonder if they know they are on this map

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 14.37.07.png

D

Deleted member 26715

Legs ? Brompton ? Taxi ? Do we have to spoonfeed you here ?

I appreciate you are a convert so the insults are not required, you also must have the disposable income to purchase or guidable enough to PCP, I am not in the position, nor I suspect is the majority of the population. (no facts total guesswork before you ask)

Not an option with my wife who struggles to walk. Unless of course we use the taxi option which would probably add a further £30 to the cost of the trip.

I really am not seeing the "advantages" here.

Well there is the Global Warming aspect and not polluting the places we drive through ? Lets face it - we have been lucky to have almost zero restrictions on our transport requirements for many decades. A 280 mile journey is not going to be cheap in the future.

Alex321

Veteran
There are probably 10 Models capable of return trip of 140 each way without charging. But who drives 140miles and then turns around almost instantly. Surely if you drive 140 you're going to be stopping for several hours before returning. Charge whilst parked up even with a 3 pin plug you would get 6 miles per hour charge. A dedicated 7kW charger would give 25-30miles per hour charge rate

He'd already stated that there are no charging facilities at his destination (a care home).

D

Deleted member 26715

Well there is the Global Warming aspect and not polluting the places we drive through ? Lets face it - we have been lucky to have almost zero restrictions on our transport requirements for many decades. A 280 mile journey is not going to be cheap in the future.
We're your proof that your 'new' EV is going to do less damage to the environment over it's lifespan then my 15 year old diesel, the production of your vehicle caused far more then mine did.

CXRAndy

Guru
We're your proof that your 'new' EV is going to do less damage to the environment over it's lifespan then my 15 year old diesel, the production of your vehicle caused far more then mine did.

But your vehicle is pumping billions of particulates into the atmosphere when ever you drive

All uphill

Still rolling along
An internet pop up today says Alfa's next all electric car (due by 2026) will have a range of close to 500 mile. Obviously as Alfa is part of the group that owns Fiat, Peugeot, Vauxhall etc one would think this would apply to all the makes.

Once the range does hit circa 500 miles that is when electric cars would become an option for me.

A range of 500m between charges or breakdowns?

D

Deleted member 26715

But your vehicle is pumping billions of particulates into the atmosphere when ever you drive

So did the machines & the boats that dragged the precious metals in your batteries twice around the world before you got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom