Are we staying then?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

From the Bike Radar forum rules:
"Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive ..."

That must be why Patrick left so quickly. :blush:

I thought this was ironic:
"Do not use these forums for any commercial purpose, to distribute any advertising ...", given the reason many of us decamped to here was the sheer number of pop ups on the site!

And this seems very harsh:
"Posting wrong info in tech will result in an instant ban, unless it is made clear that you're not sure".

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Rhythm Thief said:
From the Bike Radar forum rules:
"Inappropriate or offensive language includes, but is not limited to, any language or content that is sexually oriented, sexually suggestive ..."

That must be why Patrick left so quickly. :blush:

not to mention fnaar, arch, me, uncle tom cobbley and all…

won't be long before baby elephant references get banned too :rolleyes:

I particularly liked:-

"6) The forum is not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings. Please use software specifically designed for this purpose, i.e. MSN Messenger, ICQ etc... "

I thought inane banter was just what a forum was meant to be all about!

I'm staying here for the moment thank you.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I just posted my suicide note on that same thread. Whatever the merits or otherwise of the design changes, I can't be doing with morons in charge of moderation...

I'd not read that from the moderator Laurence whatever-his-name-is. I note that it's taken from mbuk.com initially, which explains the tone. It's a bit draconian though, eh?

Shaun

Founder
Well, I've been hard at work all weekend sorting out the Rules and Terms and Conditions for CycleChat, so here goes:

1) Have fun, and be good to each other.

Tooks me ages that did! :blush:

Cab

Well, this forum is just what I want. So I'm staying. The other place isn't what I want, so I won't use it.

No hard feelings over that. It has change, thats up to the owners of that forum, I'm not going to stay around and make myself unwelcome because I don't like what they're doing in their own place. BUT, theres a matter of names still; there were conditions by which they allowed us to use the place and conditions I'd require before using it. If they go around changing my name, I do take that personally. S**w 'em.

Cab

Administrator said:
Well, I've been hard at work all weekend sorting out the Rules and Terms and Conditions for CycleChat, so here goes:

Ahh, yes, the Bill and Ted approach to forum management; be excellent to one and other. Really, its the best way. It allows moderation to work without being shackled by having too many rules (which inevitably leads to rules-lawyering from trouble makers) and it lays out simply and clearly that all that is required is simple decency. You need nothing more :rolleyes:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, we have over 500 members now, and most have a record of psoting actively on C+Forum ... I think that's enough to keep this place going strong.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Administrator said:

Lovely!

I was thinking about all this a bit over the weekend, and got all carried away with thoughts of a 'Brave New World" where we could perhaps leave behind some of the more contentious issues (I know it's easy to say, as someone who just got completely bored with all the old oft repeated Soapbox topics). Or at least discuss them more constuctively. I suppose it depends on who comes along, and I realise that with no dissent, life could get quite dull, but... Sorry I'm rambling a bit. (Would that make it past the 'inane chatter' ban?) But I just see us as a party of shipwrecked survivors, washed up on the most perfect paradise island, and here's our chance to make it 'home' and not to mess it up by cutting down all the palm trees...

I'm here to stay, for sure.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I really enjoyed Soapbox and I hope it takes off again here but I think I go along with you in that it would be nice if we have left silly rudeness behind (as opposed to cutting sarcasm amongst like minded people which just adds to the fun). What I would really like to see is more of a genuine exchange of ideas, which ideally is what all debating should lead to.

Top Bottom