Are you a fat middle aged cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am not middle-aged or fat.I have had to put another hole in my belt just this winter.But i am ancient and grumpy,is that a seperate section.

i have noticed more mature folk tend to go plump or skinny , not many stay the same

Slick

Guru
Yeah, fat and over 50, and probably like a lot of people I grafted 12 hour days for fun and eventually crashed and burned. I made some big life changes and deliberately decided to do absolutely as little as possible for a year that maybe worked too well and turned into 2, before I decided I needed something to do at night to keep me off the fags, and bought my first bike for about 30 years. Been cycling ever since, although I'm about to make another big life change to make sure I'm prepared for the next life stage as I wind down some more, hopefully leaving more time for even more cycling. Probably take a bit of discipline, but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm 70yo, 6' and ten stone, same as when I was 21. That's despite having stopped cycling a year ago.

I doubt excercise makes much difference to weight, diet and metabolism are the main factors.

TK421

Casual Extremist
Just taken up cycling due to my late brother and have 18 months to prepare for becoming a MAMIL. I'm cycling now for fun, to share some quality time with my girls, improve my mental health and lest I forget my brother Mark, a proper cyclist.
Edit;
Exercise and physical fitness are just a byproduct of the above for me.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..

+1.

I do it for every single reason everyone else does; the most immediate of which is that it helps keep me mentally balanced more than anything else I know. Spoiler - if you need to sort your weight out, this needs attacking from an input rather than output side, although cycling will doubtless help massively with your general fitness and outlook :smile:

Last edited:
Top Bottom