Are you a high roller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've noticed a fair few members have longer and longer commutes at the moment and wondered how many of us have a run of over, say...15 miles.

If so, then pat yourself on the back and consider yourself a member of the unofficial C.C "High Rollers club".

Those in excess of 20...or who do in excess of 15 EVERY day surely deserve "Elite member" status .

Oh and if you do every day on a fixie or anything a bit weird (you crazy kids!), then you have reached the heights of "Grand Water-buffalo High Roller", take a seat on the throne whilst we all pay homage.

Feel free to asses and post your own rank below.

PS Membership todate (by my rekoning)

High Rollers
Me
Hobbes-Choice
Elite High Rollers
Bent Mikey, just for riding his mobile bed all that way (he will soon elevate to Grand Waterbufrfalo...just as soon as he trades in his oyster card)

membership is free!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'm quite happy with my status of "Frivolous Cyclist", although I do rack up 28 miles a day (if I do the short way home).

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! Thanks, but you can't compare riding my bike to riding a fixed. Riding a fixed is much harder work than a recumbent. I should know, I very occasionally take my fixed in. Not often, mind, I'm well knackered afterwards.

Brains

Legendary Member
Hard Roller
6 miles each way - all flat. But I score extra points as it's Central London

About 27 miles each way, I try to do it three times a week.
I go from Essex, all the way across London, and back again.

Map below (Pleasure / Pain), if anyone's remotely interested.

Jonny jeez, can I put forward the motion for the extremely honourable position of "Semi-Retired High Roller" for those of us who used to do such distances, but due to change of jobs can simply no longer commute by bikexx(:biggrin:

johnsie

12 miles each way on the flat can seem like a marathon after a beery night, but its actually 2 miles 385 yards less!

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Absinthe Minded said:
About 27 miles each way, I try to do it three times a week.
I go from Essex, all the way across London, and back again.

Map below (Pleasure / Pain), if anyone's remotely interested.

Flippin eck!!...we are not worthy...your looking seriously like a grand water buffalo contender there.

Top Bottom