Are you a high roller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Toshiba Boy said:
Jonny jeez, can I put forward the motion for the extremely honourable position of "Semi-Retired High Roller" for those of us who used to do such distances, but due to change of jobs can simply no longer commute by bikexx(:biggrin:

Excellent idea

Our first member to the "Vintage High Roller" club :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
u9ge said:
Grand Water-buffalo High Roller

me

28 a day fixed

Outstanding! :biggrin:

HobbesChoice

Absinthe Minded said:
About 27 miles each way, I try to do it three times a week.
I go from Essex, all the way across London, and back again.

Map below (Pleasure / Pain), if anyone's remotely interested.

I am interested in your ride as mine starts in Essex and ends in London (not as many miles as you by a long shot though), but your link only showed a minute amount of your ride and when I selected more it said it couldn't find it. Where in Essex do you start and where in London do you cycle to?

Someone stopped to chat to me on my ride home last night. He cycles from Hornchurch to Crystal Palace every day and leaves at 3:00am or 3:30am for a 5:30am start! Now that's impressive determination. Very admirable! Shocking but admirable! :biggrin:

HobbesChoice

I initially felt so chuffed being part of the "Elite" (and still do) but now find myself in awe of so many of you. This isn't just about getting on a bike and heading off for a few miles, particularly those on fixies!

Many of you are seriously smacking gobs here! :tongue:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So If im seeing this right (and I perhaps should have stipulated the 15 mile ONE WAY bit),our membership stands at

Grand Water buffalo:bravo:
1.U9ge- 56 miles a day on a fixie, with thighs like granite...(we are not worthy)

Elite High Roller:wahhey:
1. AbsintheMinded- With a 54 mile commute (plus he has to live in Essex :tongue:)
2. Satans Budgie- 40 a day, including a tour of Mount Everest!

High Roller:cheers:
1. Bent Mikey A bit of a renaissance period for mikey and the forum, 44 a day 3 times a week (on a bent !)
2.Twenty Inch- 32 a day and "still standing tall "..sorry its that whole penis thing again.
3.Hobbes Choice- A new entry for Hc (sorry if I demoted you a touch): 36 miles 3-4 times a week all on a fresh pair of legs
4.Jonny Jeez- 38 miles, 3 times a week (but getting slower)

Vintage Roller;)
1.Toshiba boy-With an undisclosed distance.

Honarary Members
1. Everyone who has the gumption to get out of the car and take the bike to work..Well played all!!

HobbesChoice said:
I am interested in your ride as mine starts in Essex and ends in London (not as many miles as you by a long shot though), but your link only showed a minute amount of your ride and when I selected more it said it couldn't find it. Where in Essex do you start and where in London do you cycle to?

Someone stopped to chat to me on my ride home last night. He cycles from Hornchurch to Crystal Palace every day and leaves at 3:00am or 3:30am for a 5:30am start! Now that's impressive determination. Very admirable! Shocking but admirable! :tongue:
Shocking indeed!

I go from North Weald (near Epping, end of Central Line), through Epping, Epping New Road all the way to South Woodford, straight on to the Green Man roundabout, through Leytonstone, into Stratford, on to Bow Road, Mile End Road, Whitechapel Road, around the one way system, on past the Tower of London, Lower Thames Street, Upper thames Street, Victoria Embankment, up Northumberland Ave to Trafalgar Square, left onto The Mall, past Buckingham Palace, bearing right to go along Constitution Hill, around Hyde Park Corner, into Knightsbridge, up Kensington Road, Left at Exhibition Road, Right at Prince Consort Road - and that's it.

I leave at about 0645 and get there at about 0830. Leave work at about 1730, takes longer.

Don't know why the map isn't working for you, seems to be OK for me - have you zoomed in too far?

If you go my way, let me know what bike you're on and I'll give you a wave.

HobbesChoice

Oops! Not part of the "Elite" after all! But a Fresh Legged High Roller will do for now! :tongue:

HobbesChoice

Unfortunately my times and route are a bit different to you AM. I leave at 5am and cycle along the A13 all the way and then get onto the East India Dock Road and Commercial Road and then along Fenchurch Street along Cheapside and then to St Pauls. I've heard there's a better/nicer and slightly longer route from Canning Town along the Embankment but I try to get in early enough for a gym visit so I've not detoured yet.

That's a shame that a wave won't be possible. I'd love to see someone on my route I've spoken to on here.

HobbesChoice

jonny jeez said:
Yep sorry, I bumped you a little in light of some other entries. (and out of respect)

Hope you dont mind

Jonny

I've never minded being bumped a little :tongue:.

I never expected there to be so many outstanding journeys done on a daily basis so you needed to keep the categories meaningful. I won't update my member name to Dame HobbesChoice now either! Phew, that could have been embarrassing :laugh:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
1 week's average milage = (@20 miles per weekday) - (no days when I go on the piss the night before) + the odd w/e ride = ?

jonny jeez said:
2.Twenty Inch- 32 a day and "still standing tall "..sorry its that whole penis thing again

No, no - 8 miles each way - 16 miles altogether per day.

Jesus, I feel so inadequate, this has never happened before, could we try again later?

Top Bottom