Are you a high roller?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sig SilverPrinter

arallsopp said:
Sig, I know a much better route for that journey.

...and it'd earn you a high place on the shield. Takes a while though. :smile:

;):laugh::biggrin:

I have no desire to go back to Tollesbury

Tharg2007

Veteran
i do between 7 and 10 each way every day. Think this is an average for city dwellers, those that live in the sticks will need to travel far and wide to get anywhere me thinks ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm doing 16/17 a day at the moment... so if you meant over 15 per day ... I just squeeze in but if you meant each way then no I would be incredibly tired plus late to pick up my kid from school. I noticed when I took part in Jam Busting June that I tended to be near the top of my employer table - so presumably had a higher than average mileage.

Edit: I see that it was one way - I'm so impressed with the totals that some people do ... why aren't they all on Cyclogs?

GAVSTER

17 miles each way - three times a week.

2 miles each way the other two days on a brommie to station.

However - will wimp and get a lift when it's too rainy/windy/icy.

I'd put myself as 'High Poobah Wimp Roller'

I will take Elite for me then!

I have never considered myself elite at anything except getting fat and overweight !

17 miles each way for me, every day unless I have to work late

silverbow

2 miles to my Silverbow Jnr school, then 2 miles back past the house and 5 miles to the office. Then 5 + 2 miles to collect Silverbow Jnr and 2 miles back home! Then when the current Mrs Silverbow returns home I go back to the office, 5 miles each way! 28 miles per day.

No fixie just a 1959 Raleigh 3 speed :smile: Apart from the home <-> school bit which is a pashley trike!

Not sure clasification I'm in? Can I count the evenings when I go to the gym? extra 4 miles, 3 times a week then.

Actually that makes 152 a week, I'm quite happy with that.

chap

Veteran
I'm a high-roller!

jonny jeez said:
I've noticed a fair few members have longer and longer commutes at the moment and wondered how many of us have a run of over, say...15 miles.

If so, then pat yourself on the back and consider yourself a member of the unofficial C.C "High Rollers club".

Those in excess of 20...or who do in excess of 15 EVERY day surely deserve "Elite member" status .

Oh and if you do every day on a fixie or anything a bit weird (you crazy kids!), then you have reached the heights of "Grand Water-buffalo High Roller", take a seat on the throne whilst we all pay homage.

Feel free to asses and post your own rank below.

PS Membership todate (by my rekoning)

High Rollers
Me
Hobbes-Choice
Elite High Rollers
Bent Mikey, just for riding his mobile bed all that way (he will soon elevate to Grand Waterbufrfalo...just as soon as he trades in his oyster card)

membership is free!!

If it is the round-trip you are referring to, then I do 15.2miles (bully for me!)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Ok I think I have got it. "Semi retired nearly Grand Water-buffalo High Roller"

14.5 miles each way fixed. Used to do it 5 times a day but now due to change in work only once or twice a week.

4F said:
Ok I think I have got it. "Semi retired nearly Grand Water-buffalo High Roller"

14.5 miles each way fixed. Used to do it 5 times a day but now due to change in work only once or twice a week.

4F, you'd also be eligible for "The Most Number of Words in A Cycling Commuting Award" Title:biggrin:

Top Bottom