Are you cooler than the younger generation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm so cool I know who McBusted are :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[QUOTE 2867692, member: 259"]I get worried by how my kids tend to listen to really boring music where you can hear all the words and you know what key it's in.[/quote]
It is in the key that the producer decided it would be in, and every note is spot on because the voice was auto-tuned, except where the notes are deliberately detuned for effect!

ShipHill

I remember chatting with some lad in a boozer one day and we got onto the subject of Evvy Metal.

"I love metal," the lad informs me. "I live it. I know so much about it" and so on and so forth.

I mentioned Lemmy out of Motorhead...... "Who?" asks The Lad.

Then I mentioned Ozzy Osbourne.... "Who?" asked The Lad
Me - "You must've heard of Ozzy... Black Sabbath, Crazy Train....." then I lowered myself and felt dirty afterwards. "The Osbournes. He did a butter advert too I think"
The Lad - "Oh yeah him he's great"
Me - "But you've never heard of Black Sabbath or anything else he's done like Crazy Train. Or Lemmy."
The Lad - "No"
Me - "OK Lad listen up...." and we had a good chat and he was a nice lad to be fair but I was astonished he thought himself so metal and cool but had never heard of Lemmy or Ozzy.

I'm so cool. :sun:I'm smokin hot!

Tis a bad state of affairs when someone..........I will give you the story,

Me....AHH along the watchtower (just a snip was heard but instantly I knew:thumbsup:

Son........yeah good tune

Me.... TUNE:eek:.........That my son is an absolute classic rock track from the greatest guitar player that ever lived

Son .....who is it

I declined to answer as he is supposed to love music............heathen.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...

Me....AHH along the watchtower (just a snip was heard but instantly I knew:thumbsup:

Me.... TUNE:eek:.........That my son is an absolute classic rock track from the greatest guitar player that ever lived

Son .....who is it

Bob Dylan? He's OK, but I wouldn't say the greatest.

ShipHill

Son .....who is it

A friend of mine had to change their surname for some reason or other and chose Hendrix rather than maiden names or anything else.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Don't think you can expect a 13y.o. to know of those bands mentioned in the OP, after all, he's not had the time required to really get into the music.
Just be happy he's showing an interest and isn't just into One Direction or whatever.

And there's no way that you're cooler than him Crockers, just no way at all. You make the poor kid live in New Malden ffs...

Top Bottom