Are you cooler than the younger generation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's cruel and unnatural punishment, surely?

Billy Joel had some really corny songs but............this is class

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e5AUckHNps

Lanzecki

Über Member
I like country and rock and roll, when the kids realise how hip it is I'll be the king of the world.

As a child I was brought up with The Everly Brothers, E L Harris, Box car Willy, etc. Anything else was banned from the house. Even the B52's and Talking heads :sad: . I cannot support your hopes and dreams. Sorry, but while I have air in my lungs, this is not gonna happen.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
As a child I was brought up with The Everly Brothers, E L Harris, Box car Willy, etc. Anything else was banned from the house. Even the B52's and Talking heads :sad: . I cannot support your hopes and dreams. Sorry, but while I have air in my lungs, this is not gonna happen.

The Everly's are über cool, even the kids know that, I don't know who E L Harris is and Boxcar Willy is rubbish. B52s and Talking Heads are OK too.

I must be cool, I appeared on Top of the Pops backing The Justified Ancients of MuMu - It's Grim Up North!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O--lMiCeDq4

Unfortunately it was as a morris dancer so may reduce the coolnessness of the whole thing
aemo_morris.gif

Lanzecki

Über Member
The Everly's are über cool, even the kids know that, I don't know who E L Harris is and Boxcar Willy is rubbish. B52s and Talking Heads are OK too.

I've met Don and Phil Everly. Yes they are nice guys. But I don't go for their brand of music.

E L Harris : Emmylou Harris. I had brain fart. I meant to go back and edit it once my brain reset.

B52's and Talking Heads are cool. But then I also like Maroon 5 and Rufus Wainwright. Currently listening to Fleetwood Mac's Tusk (remastered!)

Julia9054

Guru
Every week my son and I drive an hour each way for his trumpet lesson.
The rule is that on the way there he has to listen to my music (a mixture of classical music and nostalgic 80's pop!). On the way back, I have to listen to his. Got some great stuff on my iPod now that I would never have discovered on my own.
We've both learned loads.
Neither of us are cool!

tyred

Legendary Member
It's not just younger people who haven't heard of legends.

About 10 years ago, my uncle (probably 50ish at the time) had fitted a CD player to his car and I let him look through my CD collection to see if there was anything he wanted a (ahem) copy. He was looking through a pile of CDs when he said something that stopped me dead in my tracks - "who the fark is Eric Clapton?"

How can someone of his age group not have heard of Eric Clapton?

Vidor06

Long term loafer
My eldest is 11 and has not even a passing interest in any kind of music whatsoever. Feel a bit sad about that sometimes but I guess no music interest is better than 1D or their ilk.

Top Bottom