Are you cooler than the younger generation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Shame, get him onto Skin from Skunk Anansie and maybe we'll be getting somewhere...

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I'm sitting on my arse with the heating off wearing a grandad jumper and drinking Sainsbury's tea from a mug with the slogan 'grumpy old man'. I'm listening to Pharoah Sanders.

So, probably cooler than the younger generation.

Nihal

Veteran
I remember chatting with some lad in a boozer one day and we got onto the subject of Evvy Metal.

"I love metal," the lad informs me. "I live it. I know so much about it" and so on and so forth.

I mentioned Lemmy out of Motorhead...... "Who?" asks The Lad.

Then I mentioned Ozzy Osbourne.... "Who?" asked The Lad
Me - "You must've heard of Ozzy... Black Sabbath, Crazy Train....." then I lowered myself and felt dirty afterwards. "The Osbournes. He did a butter advert too I think"
The Lad - "Oh yeah him he's great"
Me - "But you've never heard of Black Sabbath or anything else he's done like Crazy Train. Or Lemmy."
The Lad - "No"
Me - "OK Lad listen up...." and we had a good chat and he was a nice lad to be fair but I was astonished he thought himself so metal and cool but had never heard of Lemmy or Ozzy.

I'm so cool. :sun:I'm smokin hot!
Should have asked him about metallica and red hot chilli pepper:laugh:

U

User169

Should have asked him about metallica and red hot chilli pepper:laugh:

Two of the uncoolest bands ever foisted on an undeserving public.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
threebikesmcginty said:
Bob Dylan? He's OK, but I wouldn't say the greatest.

[QUOTE 2868026, member: 1314"]I liked him before he went electric. Really, I do.[/quote]

I liked him until I heard him. My first defiance of peer pressure.

SWSteve

Guru
Why hate Taylor Swift? She is better than a lot of popstars available. I just wish Miles Kane and The Strypes appeared on Radio 1 more than they do at current (almost never)

Top Bottom