Are you cooler than the younger generation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"May"? I think if you had to select, out of all the infinite options available, the antithesis of 'cool', morris dancing would have to be the one to beat.
Have you never met a radio amateur, a pylon spotter, a trekkie and many other lower down the list the morris dancing hobbies.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A guy I once worked with got transferred to Switzerland, where he joined the local morris dancing club. Yes, there was one (all expats, needless to say). He said they used to go out on weekends and perform in little villages deep in the Alps, and watch German weekenders cruise into the square in their large gleaming black Mercs, encounter a bunch of Morris dancers, and go into a sort of stunned trance, scattering pedestrians/ploughing through cafe tables/disappearing over the edge into the valley far below...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I'm hep to the jive, I'm on the righteous side, ya dig daddy-o?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
It's not just younger people who haven't heard of legends.

About 10 years ago, my uncle (probably 50ish at the time) had fitted a CD player to his car and I let him look through my CD collection to see if there was anything he wanted a (ahem) copy. He was looking through a pile of CDs when he said something that stopped me dead in my tracks - "who the f*** is Eric Clapton?"

How can someone of his age group not have heard of Eric Clapton?

Your uncles cool

Top Bottom