Are you or your house “cheugy”?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I’d never heard of this word before but it has apparently been part of the urban dictionary for some time, (pronounced chew-gee).
it means you are out of date and is close to ‘basic’. Not too negative for men but not desirable for women.
For example if you’re an adult, wearing a jean jacket, skinny jeans, graphic tees, anything that references The Office or Friends, and apparently for men, also Axe and Lynx body spray.
In the house it would mean big leather settees and coloured bathroom suites.
So do you wear your cheugyness as a badge of pride or do you try to keep up with the latest trends?

Last edited:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
No leather settees and coloured bathroom suites .....and I don't wear clothes :laugh:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It's the usual new words game that young people do which is then totally forgotten when you reach your 40's when it suddenly becomes a problem.

gbb

Legendary Member
There is a disease in this country at least, maybe it's an American thing too, to label, to criticise, to judge others, it's all very negative.
Told this before but I realised in my 40s perhaps,i said to my dad...'y'know, it seems like everyone spends all their time criticising everyone else in this country, everyone's got to have something to say about something'
My dad instantly responded...
'The British were always that way, you just never realised it'

One of the less desirable aspects of Britishness perhaps...(and I dont buy into this 'all Britishness must be despised' touted by some)

gbb

Legendary Member
Ah yes, but then aren’t most pre thirties insecure and feel a pressure to ‘fit in’ and conform ?
But where did that come from (if its true) ?
Most of my peers in the 70s were solid, knew their own mind, things didnt seem to act things out like they do now.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
The OaW rules for buying clothes:
  • The item must be technically equipped to do its job.
  • It must fit.
  • It must be well made.
  • It must be aesthetically acceptable.
  • It must be washable and not require dry cleaning.
  • It can be gladly worn until it is inadvertantly destroyed or drops to pieces.
Results of this policy:
  • My oldest standard shirt in regular use is 33 years old.
  • I am seldom to be seen not wearing at least one item of clothing from Rohan.
  • If that makes me cheugy, I am proud to be so and thoroughly recommend the condition.

Last edited:
This is a term made up and used by a young women in a rant on TikTok. Tic Tok is a media platform for thin white girls with low attention spans and high self esteem ( the algorithm raises them above fatter, darker girls and above boys ).
Any notion or concept that originates in this cess pool of disingenuous body fascism belongs in a US High School movie preferably of the horror/ slasher variety.

I’d never heard of this word before but it has apparently been part of the urban dictionary for some time, (pronounced chew-gee).
it means you are out of date and is close to ‘basic’. Not too negative for men but not desirable for women.
For example if you’re an adult, wearing a jean jacket, skinny jeans, graphic tees, anything that references The Office or Friends, and apparently for men, also Axe and Lynx body spray.
In the house it would mean big leather settees and coloured bathroom suites.
So do you wear your cheugyness as a badge of pride or do you try to keep up with the latest trends?

I'm so cheugy I won't even consider using the word until 2045.

It could be a Japanese word. Will ask Beautiful Wife.

Top Bottom